Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
yea i understand how core charges work... but this idiot stated if i bring in or not... still charged the core charge hahaha ... guess he wanted to pocket the $9 bux and give him self a raise for the day
Hmm...sounds like someone is trying to get their lunch paid for.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
504 Posts
why if the red is recommended do you guys think the yellow is better? pros vs cons?

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
why if the red is recommended do you guys think the yellow is better? pros vs cons?
Red is recommended because Optima makes a direct replacement Group 78 battery in a Red Top. The problem I've always had with Red is that is intended as a 'starting' battery and has little, if any, deep discharge capabilities. Once you kill it once, it's pretty much done. You aren't going to get the same performance out of it. It was never intended to be a deep cycle battery. Yellow on the other hand, in a Group 34/78, will fit in our trucks and is considered a starting/deep cycle battery and is designed to withstand some deeper discharges and fully recover. :2cents:

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts
are the optima batteries the only thing worth putting in or is there something else out there b/c they are very expensive

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
504 Posts
are the optima batteries the only thing worth putting in or is there something else out there b/c they are very expensive
:iamwithstupid::popcorn3:

and do we need an adapter with the yellow ?

·
LS2 Soccer Mom's Truck
Scion xb...sob sob
700 Posts
I can say the optima in my Tib as lasted close to 4 years and it's never failed me once, and that's with a 500w sub, HID's & in-dash dvd player. But it was only cranking over 2.7 litres of korean fury..lol

21 - 27 of 27 Posts