Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would a 224/230 on a 114lsa be in a tbss? pretty decent cam?

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
We ran that cam in Jared's truck before I custom spec'd him the one that he has now. It is a solid cam choice for an off the shelf type grind. Depending on your goals we could get you something setup for your truck as well for the same price

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We ran that cam in Jared's truck before I custom spec'd him the one that he has now. It is a solid cam choice for an off the shelf type grind. Depending on your goals we could get you something setup for your truck as well for the same price
Well i found this one used and cheap. If this deal falls through, I'm probably gonna just bite the bullet and have one spec'd. Do you have any idea what kind of #'s he put down with that cam?

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
The truck was awd and at that time we didnt have access to the awd dyno. I know the truck went 12.5x but had a good amount of weight reduction (seats, spare, misc stuff and not anything crazy like frame parts yet) and all the other supporting mods.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The truck was awd and at that time we didnt have access to the awd dyno. I know the truck went 12.5x but had a good amount of weight reduction (seats, spare, misc stuff and not anything crazy like frame parts yet) and all the other supporting mods.
I would really like to be in the 12.5ish range, but i'm 2wd. I think with this cam, lt's, a 3200 stall and if i could hook I'll be somewhere close.

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
not every 3200 stall is built equal to the next. So depends on who's 3200 and more so the size of the converter making the 3200 stall.

What other supporting mods?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a phoenix 3200. udp, cai, tune is all i have now. Going to cam/stall it at the same time and then add lt's.

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
What size converter though? 11" 10.5" 10" 9.5"?

Depending on the 60' and actual shift extension shouldn't take much weight reduction to get into the 12.5x range. 4" intake of your choice would be better than a stock replacement to help out as well.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, that's the cam. I was looking for one on a 112 but this one came up pretty cheap. Its not a track truck, so. I'm not looking for anything crazy. Just something that runs really good on the street and is driveable

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
Maybe I Was Wrong?

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
The cam I have now cackles just a bit more, I love it!

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
heres a sound clip of the cam in my truck when I had it
Your SS With The Cut-Out Open Sounds Like My Dual Exhaust Through My Muffler.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds pretty healthy! I can't wait to get this thing cammed.:coolthumb:

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Your SS With The Cut-Out Open Sounds Like My Dual Exhaust Through My Muffler.
The cutout is aimed out of the side of the truck. I highly doubt open headers is more quiet than any sort of muffler on essentially the same setup.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts