Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a huge fan of the 14-15 Chevrolet ss stock exhaust note. Has anyone installed that set up on a tbss yet or know of any aftermarket setups with similar sound?

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
I don't know how their note would differ besides chalking it up to the block difference. Our stock exhaust flowed amazing for being OEM.

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
It's all in the vehicles harmonics. I had 5 different setups on my tbss trying to get it to sound like a ls2 vette. Tried 2 different magnaflow setups and 3 different Borla setups. What gives your car that sound is the fact that both pipes are the exact same length and almost no bends.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
It's all in the vehicles harmonics. I had 5 different setups on my tbss trying to get it to sound like a ls2 vette. Tried 2 different magnaflow setups and 3 different Borla setups. What gives your car that sound is the fact that both pipes are the exact same length and almost no bends.
I think intake does it also. When I had my X pipe and two bullets, it sounded just like a vette. I don't think you'll get the sound unless you run the pipe on both sides of the tran, I think having the one long leg kills the note.

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
I've got a pair of stock Chevy SS mufflers taking up space. I also have 2 sets of the ARH axle backs, one new, one slightly used that are taking up space. All de the Chevy SS, if you're interested.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think intake does it also. When I had my X pipe and two bullets, it sounded just like a vette. I don't think you'll get the sound unless you run the pipe on both sides of the tran, I think having the one long leg kills the note.
Yea thats i was thinking as well.

Our oem sound is ok imo but once i heard that chevy ss note i was in love but figured it would not be an ewe asy task to replicate.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a pair of stock Chevy SS mufflers taking up space. I also have 2 sets of the ARH axle backs, one new, one slightly used that are taking up space. All de the Chevy SS, if you're interested.
If i could get that sound with just the mufflers i would be all over them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
I prefer my exhaust to be quieter than my blower or turbo.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Something to think about: larger pipes sound like shit compared to smaller pipes. GM compromised with 2.75" pipes, which is a size muffler shops and distributors do not carry. For aftermarket, you either have shit sound with good flow, or you choke it with 2.5" pipes and sound good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts