Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a good buddy that lives a few hours away but its possible for us to meet up at a 1000' track but he is also comes back to home time some times too. Any how he has a 2011 Ram R/T and said he wanted to run my TBSS. At first thought I was like oh another truck I will kill and laugh but now Im thinking different. He said its 400hp/475 ft-lbs torque stock. I believe they have 4:10 and have a loose 2400-2600 converter stock too. Any how he isnt heavily modded but had a big jump over stock.....here is what he told me....
"i put a dual ram air intake(custom made by polk performance in little rock)flowmaster super 44 true duals,cook headers, and a diablo predator programmer. i put it on the dyno today and got 501hp. and 598 ft lbs of torgue. its a nasty,nasty truck. I'm gonna come to crt soon and ill text you. but as far as stock, he's any 400/480 club or somewhere near"

I tried a little research and found people saying these trucks run 13.7-14.1 stock but the mph is mid 90's. This guy said he did 14.0 stock and 12.8 with his mods. I dont know if he has been on track and assuming its a gtech run. Any how I hope I can mod a little more before he comes to town and rapes me. I have 4" standard intake, efans, trans cooler, corvette servo, and pcmforless tune. Also got 4 17's for racing with. Dont know how long it will be before he comes to town or we meet but ill update this when it happens. prob get vid too. Just wondered if anyone has come across one of these trucks yet?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I thinks its a 5.7.....I hate when folks say its bad b/c its got a HEMI. Folks dont understand there are "names" for motors from diff manufacturers but ya its a 5.7 hemi. there is a stock one running around my town....assuming stock. I will have to run him but I had no idea they ran like that. I am hoping I can do a verter or nitrous before he shows up! I got a neighbor with SRT8 challenger and her husband has asked me a hundred times if my TBSS had a HEMI!!! lol he was dead serious too

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Stock they are 390hp/410tq iirc, ur friends an idiot. Intake, headers, catback, and tune don't get u to 500WHP :rofl: he will prolly beat u though. But add a stall and rape him don't need anything else besides that

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Stock they are 390hp/410tq iirc, ur friends an idiot. Intake, headers, catback, and tune don't get u to 500WHP :rofl: he will prolly beat u though. But add a stall and rape him don't need anything else besides that
This^^^^, I destroyed one when I had a K&N intake, t-stat, and mail order tune. He had an intake and tune, and from a 40 roll he did beat me once out of three because I they do have pretty good gearing and my down-shift... took... forever. From a dig it wasn't even funny. Haven't ran one that had headers, but if you have headers too (Can't see sigs right now), I'd be willing to bet you put the hurt on him. 501Whp? You need to hit up his guy, because he's selling some good shit, yo.

EDIT: I do want to add, I was surprised though, especially after he took me from the roll. They aren't slouches.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
with his mods he would be at 400rwhp at best! but anyways who is your tune by?

if you have a good tune it should be close but all you need is a good converter and youll be gone on those 17's!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I tried to researching some online but wasnt so successful at finding good info. On a couple of forums Ive seen folks claiming them to run stock what our TBSS's run stock? Before he told me all this I was thinking they ran low 15 high 14 stock. I was thinking with his mods we should be a descent run. Did they change something for the 2011 b/c on all the dodge forums I was trolling through they were all talking how bad ass the '11 models were? My tune is a pcmforless tune.......ive added a tstat and servo since the tune so I think it can be a bit more aggressive now. Im gonna try to run this stock one in town to see where I stand. I havent had a good weather 1/4 mile run but ran 8.68 in the 1/8 and 11.26 in the 1000'

after i posted this I found this.... http://autos.aol.com/cars-Dodge-Ram+1500-2011/specs/

I feel like it may be a good run now...... Feel like I should throw the 17's on and beat this 500hp "monster". He claims to have had it on the dyno in Little Rock, Ar

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
502 Posts
Yeah, I bet he is referring to crank HP which are fake numbers used to brag about what you DON'T have. Ask him what his RWHP/RWTQ was on this "dyno", haha. Hell someone could ask me and I could BS that I make 600HP N/A on my combo then LOLOL.

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
They run low 14s stock so aren't bad prolly stay with a stock awd, but u will smoke him bad with a stall.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doubt this happens SOON b/c I have alot on my plate and work shift work so with him being a few hours from home complicates it more. If I can run the stock on in town Ill update on that and hope to get a vid. Got a vacation in 2 weeks then roughly 2 months later having another baby plus Im trying for another job at work......if I get it then the ole dodge wont stand a chance!!!!

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Speaking of these R/T's and anyone that follows fast trucks... Flaco sold lil sis and is now building one of these R/T 1500's.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
:doh:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
Speaking of these R/T's and anyone that follows fast trucks... Flaco sold lil sis and is now building one of these R/T 1500's.
I heard that.. Can't wait to see what he does with it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha no shit he will probably make a rocket out of it so folks will think they are ALL stupid fast!! I like to see folks mod trucks/suvs and make them WAY faster than they should be but it drives me nutz to see someone put headers and a handheld on it just to call it modded and race ready!! Cant wait to see how wicked he makes that truck tho!

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
No way in hell is he making 500 hp I had a 03 and 04 ram both with hemis. My 03 had a cold air intake, superchips tune, throttle body spacer, cherry bomb duals, and a ram air hood by keystone restyling. All mods it ran a 13.3 dont know how the new ones are but I would highly doubt he is running 12s

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
No way in hell is he making 500 hp I had a 03 and 04 ram both with hemis. My 03 had a cold air intake, superchips tune, throttle body spacer, cherry bomb duals, and a ram air hood by keystone restyling. All mods it ran a 13.3 dont know how the new ones are but I would highly doubt he is running 12s
The new "hemis" are quite a bit more powerful than the older ones. Got any vids of the 13.3?

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
No man was a while back when I had the truck, it was a 2wd though. Owned it when I used to live in Florida.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts