Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 Black TBSS
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We started at 7:00am and finished at 12:30. I let Cody take on a lot of the polishing, so that he could learn the FLEX.

Adam's products used (www.adamspolishes.com) . We started with the wheels and undercarriage. Then was a Dawn wash to strip wax, claybar, orange pad/Swirl Haze Remover followed by white pad/Fine Machine polish.

Finally, we sealed the paint with Machine Super Sealant and finished with a coat of Americana Paste. I'm not saying the paint is perfect, but for a daily driver, I think it turned out great, and the owner is happy, which is what matters!

I apologize for the crappy cell phone pic quality.

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
I'd have that cars babies.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
918 Posts
Looks great good job

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Can't really tell much by the cell pics and no close up before/after shots.

The flex is the dual head polisher right? That thing looks like it would tire me out!

Nice car however. :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
07 Black TBSS
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

The flex is the dual head polisher right? That thing looks like it would tire me out!

Here is the only close up picture I have. I took it directly in the sunlight to try and capture as much as I could. Again, sorry for the low quality.

Also, here is some information on the FLEX:

FLEX XC 3401 VG
http://www.flexnorthamerica.com/products/XC3401VRG.php

"The orbital rotation of the FLEX XC 3401 Polisher simulates the circular movement of the human hand while polishing. This motion is less likely to cause holograms than a rotary buffer. At the same time, the polisher's highly smooth running facilitates a careful, precise finish and allows for hologram-free polishing."

·
Premium Member
08 TBSS
5,858 Posts
Looks really good.. I need to find someone local to help with some paint correction on my TBSS.. She's had a rough last year or 2..

·
Premium Member
08 TBSS
5,858 Posts
Wish you lived closer, Andy. I'd definitely help you out!
Meeee ttooooo!!! LOL! Weekend trip?? Hahaha... Come September I will be able to get back to washing her the way I used to, but I already have a LOT of work ahead of me to fix what was done from living in an apartment and not being able to hand wash myself and from her sitting at the shop while getting the motor work done..

Anywho... GREAT job!!

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts

No. The Flex 3401 is not a dual headed polisher. It is a machine designed for the more advanced detailer. It surely will take you for a ride though!

Mook

1 - 20 of 21 Posts