Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, I just came across it on Ebay. Looks pretty clean. I noticed they said they're orig owner, but carfax shows 2. Maybe a name change or lease/buy? :dunno:

Saab 9 7x Aero | eBay

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7X Aero
256 Posts
Good on him for asking 16.5k, way more than book but it's definitely in the direction of what I would think Aeros "should cost" in relation to a TBSS.

I wonder if it will sell.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
It won't sell for that price he is asking. That's high even for a TBSS. Book is $10,900. If he gets it, then good for him, but I'd never pay that!

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7X Aero
256 Posts
TBSS same year and miles KBB @ 18-20k.

Not that KBB isn't generally high anyway, but thats not an unheard of price for a TBSS just look at the for sale section on this website.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
KBB is only what a dealership uses to base prices off of so they can jack price up way way high!
KBB is owned by Autotrader. KBB bases its pricing by what people ask for their vehicle sale price an not what actual vehicles are sold for. Which is why KBB is not used by any loan institutions like your bank. It does not reflect actual value of vehicles.
Edmunds.com an NADA base prices off what vehicles in your area actually sold for which is actual worth!
Even dealerships use services like NADA dealer service to price auction and trade in price for vehicles. They don't use KBB at all for any other purpose but to pad their profit super high!
Anyone who uses KBB as pricing structure I just walk away. Their pricing is made of fiction an not based on any actual real value!
Same year TBSS books at $14,000 at private sale value.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7X Aero
256 Posts
Not that KBB isn't generally high anyway
Judging by my above quote to myself above, I understand that KBB is high.

Doesn't stop people from selling things at KBB values though.

Just look at the for sale section of this website, there are several TBSS in the 15-20k range.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Yeah, don't mean you can't ask want you want. Just don't get mad when people ask to buy it for the correct amount.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
6 Posts
Im looking at the possibility of selling my 9-7x aero here pretty soon. It is a rare vehicle and I think kbb undervalues this particular model, particularly the low mileage ones like this one. I do think he is asking a little too much though.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
571 Posts
Im looking at the possibility of selling my 9-7x aero here pretty soon. It is a rare vehicle and I think kbb undervalues this particular model, particularly the low mileage ones like this one. I do think he is asking a little too much though.
Don't expect to get much above book value on them. Most people have no idea what these are so they aren't willing to pay for them. Realistically, when we bought ours, I knew we would be keeping it for a very long time. I paid $13,500 in 2013 and it had 76k miles on it. I wouldn't expect to get anywhere near that now, even with only 18k more miles on it now and being meticulously maintained, I'd be hard pressed to list it for more than $11k and expect to get around $10k if I'm lucky.

All that being said, someone will pay what they are comfortable paying for one so shoot for the stars and let them talk you down. You can always go down, can't always raise the price though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
Saab Aero
392 Posts
72k is not that low miles.. good but not enough to warrant the extra cash..
I paid $11.5k for mine 2 years ago with 90k miles in excellent condition AT A dealer!
They had it for close to 15k,,I offered 11.5 and they jumped at it no haggling because they
could not unload it..
I could see 11-12k for that one today because its a year newer and 20k less miles but thats about it.. Facts are SAAB is out of business,insurance companies and finance companies dont like dealing with 7 to 9 (soon to be 10) year old cars from defunct companies and certain parts like headlights are pretty much impossible to find meaning any accident its gonna be a total.
That all adds up to crappy resale value.. Great if your buying,,bad if your selling..
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts