Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had some issues with codes P1153 and 1133. I have a new catalytic converter all new sensors, a new gas tank and all new injectors. The light is back on with the same codes. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,549 Posts
P1133 = Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) insufficient switching bank 1 sensor 1 (Rear Bank)
P1153 = Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) insufficient switching bank 2 sensor 1 (Front Bank)

What mods do you have? LT headers?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I know what the codes are but no repairs keep them from reoccurring. No modifications. Everything is factory. I don't know about the headers? Is that a possible original install? If so, how do I determine if long or short?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,549 Posts
I was posting the trouble codes description to show others when they stumble upon this thread during searches.

Long Tube headers are only aftermarket. From factory TBSS comes with shorty cast iron exhaust manifolds. Visually inspect/check the O2 sensor wiring and connectors for any broken or bent pins. Check for corrosion too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was posting the trouble codes description to show others when they stumble upon this thread during searches.

Long Tube headers are only aftermarket. From factory TBSS comes with shorty cast iron exhaust manifolds. Visually inspect/check the O2 sensor wiring and connectors for any broken or bent pins. Check for corrosion too.
Thank you, scott750! I have asked the repair facility to do this. They are having a hard time finding the problem. :(

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,549 Posts
Keep us posted on the progress. Hopefully the shop finds and fixes the issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep us posted on the progress. Hopefully the shop finds and fixes the issue.

I took it to a different repair shop and they replaced the ecm. Another pricey repair but I figured just one more. It drove very well for a few weeks then the check engine light came on again. The OBD displayed 2 codes about stuck lean and one of the sensors. It went off within a day and has not come back. Fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,549 Posts
Here we are 2 months later and she is definitely back! Riding like a dream thanks to the new mechanic.
That's great news! Glad you got it all worked out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts