Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of pulling the audio system out of the daily driver to put it in the TBSS.

Oz Audio Seperates, JL Amp, JL processor.

The only thing that is stopping me is I want the JL Steath Box.

Looking for new and having a damn hard time finding it in grey. Ebony easy.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jl still makes them, they're special order. Alternatively, you can Guinea pig this for me, lol. I've been planning to buy one but have seen 0nfeedback on it.

Wish I saw this about 8 hours ago....ordered the JL but they have no clue on delivery date.

No I'm starting to go back to my old car audio days.

Reading threads to put the 3SS steering wheel with audio controls in the 1SS.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You could always cancel the order, lol.

One thing I'll say, get yourself something beefy up front. I have old Kicker SSMB8 woofers up front, and the extra midbass from an 8" speaker up front is just fantastic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could always cancel the order, lol.

One thing I'll say, get yourself something beefy up front. I have old Kicker SSMB8 woofers up front, and the extra midbass from an 8" speaker up front is just fantastic.
Wow, don't have enough posts to add a link

Got a JL Audio VX1000 and Oz Audio Superman separates.

No one remembers them

·
Registered
2009 Silver 3SS AWD
6 Posts
Wish I saw this about 8 hours ago....ordered the JL but they have no clue on delivery date.

I ordered the JL Stealthbox from Sonic Electronix back in Oct 2021 and it finally arrived in April 2022. I had called them various times without getting much further information each time. However after my last call, it was magically en route that afternoon so if I had stayed on them, it may have been sooner.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
14 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I ordered it locally so I do the weekly check in.
I had the stealth box for about 2 months until I decided to upgrade. Luckily I was able to find the stealth box, in almost new condition, for about $300 on offerup after sitting on the thought of purchasing for about a year because the $750 price was a little steep. Sounded pretty good (for what I paid) but I needed a lil more thump because I like to feel my music. I just saw the current price is $950 and I can honestly say it's not worth it(n) At this point I think you're just paying for the brand with the only benefit of saving trunk space. Hope it works out in your favor though and hoping to read what you think of it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I will keep you in the loop. I no longer go for the major base. Something that doesn't rattle the tailgate apart. Did that for years.

The 8W3 I currently have in the daily driver with the amp is quite satisfactory so I'm not too worried that the 10W3 won't have enough punch.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
133 Posts

I've added the steering wheel controls to a few trailblazers now. You need to run a wire back to the BCM and reprogram it with a compatible flash. If you want the switches to control the cluster, you'll also need to run 4 wires up to it. Oh, and ground wire and an interior lighting feed. Of course this is in addition to the steering wheel and a new airbag coil... .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts