Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 TBSS 2wd Locked out of TBSS "battery died and only lock cylinder not working" Does anybody know how to manually open the hood from the front grill area or hook up a battery charger from underneath. All thoughts appreciated!

·
Registered
07 Trailblazer SS
92 Posts
Man you may need to get a locksmith....

Or... you can get in yourself by getting some type of thin dowel, pull the top of the drivers door ( upper rear corner) and slide the dowel down to the lock and rotate it.... It isn't easy.... and you may need help. GL

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
850 Posts
X2 on getting a Lock Smith. Weird that the lock cylinder in the driver's door won't work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
151 Posts
Was the lock cylinder broke before? Anyway I have hooked up an external battery charger plug in on my TBSS. It is hooked up to the positive terminal on the fuse box and the body ground on the fender right next to it. Both are connected to the battery directly. I have a 5 amp battery tender that can be plugged into the plug that is tucked into the gap between the fender and the left front headlamp. I can plug it in without opening the hood. It is great for long term storage or just keeping the battery topped off. See the pictures attached.
DSC09404.JPG
DSC09405.JPG
DSC09406.JPG
DSC09407.JPG

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
230 Posts
You could probably get to the positive lug on the starter with jumper cables. Ground to the block. Should power you up.

Reactions: Brown7233

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
287 Posts
I hate to state the obvious but, did you rule out the battery in your remote as being the real culprit?

·
Hater
Duh
9,218 Posts
The only reason the lock cylinder in the door wouldn’t work is if it has never been used and just needs to be lubricated, it’s broken or the key is not the original. What’s the history on your vehicle? Stolen recovery?
It’s a really easy vehicle to get into. Locksmith will take 2 min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I find it interesting that the answers all say to stick the key in the door and unlock it. It's not that easy. The Volvo V40, and most, if not all post 2000 Volvo autos, as well as most current vw auto group cars, Mercedes, BMW, and several Japanese autos lock and unlock the doors electronically, meaning that they use the power lock solenoid, not linkages to the lock mechanisms. In order to unlock the doors to release the hood latch, one must raise the vehicle and connect a battery charger or jumper cable to the starter + terminal and to the vehicle chassis to activate the electrical system or charge the battery. One must be very careful not to short the positive lead to ground as this may cause damage, and one must also take care to assure that, when the vehicle is raised, it is safely ad properly supported with safety stands and wheel chocks to assure his/her personal safety. It may just be easier/safer to contact a towing company or roadside assistance (if offered through your auto insurance, this is definitely the best way to go) and have them perform the tasks necessary to assist you in releasing the locks to provide you access to the vehicle. Good luck. shareit app vidmate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts