Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!!!!!

The time has come for me to part ways with my SS.

It is a 2008 3SS AWD, Black. Basically stock. K&N filter. I have done ALL oil changes since I purchased it with under 2000 miles on it in June 2008. Always used Mobil1 5W30.

It is currently at my local Aamco getting the trans replaced under warranty. Had rebuilt trans installed by them at 146,xxx, lost 4th gear today at 179,xxx. So it will be about a week or so for them to get the trans and install it.

Brakes were done on all 4 corners in Spring 2015. Falken STZ05 275/45 all around, with at least 75% tread. My last Falken STZ04s went 96,000 miles.

The Bad: Driver side rear door and quarter panel are dented. Not major, but dented none the less. Been that way for over a year. Other than that the paint is great, no rust and always "waxed" with Zaino. Also needs left front tire pressure monitor.

I will post pictures as soon as I get it back from Aamco but wanted to get it listed for sale ASAP.

Looking to get something near $7000.

The truck is located in central NJ. Somerset county.
Serious inquiries text or call my cell at 908 Six Four 2 Eigh Three 2 Eight.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why 7,000?? Thats very low.
Really? Even in need of body work and with 180,000 miles? I would gladly take more for it if I can easily get it. I wanted to price it for quick sale. What do you think is reasonable....without seeing it? I will most likely get it back today and keep it in the garage until they get the replacement trans at the shop so it does not have to sit there. I will wash it and get pictures up this weekend.
Thanks in advance for any advice on pricing.

Tom

·
Registered
1993 GMC Typhoon
146 Posts
Really? Even in need of body work and with 180,000 miles? I would gladly take more for it if I can easily get it. I wanted to price it for quick sale. What do you think is reasonable....without seeing it? I will most likely get it back today and keep it in the garage until they get the replacement trans at the shop so it does not have to sit there. I will wash it and get pictures up this weekend.
Thanks in advance for any advice on pricing.

Tom
Price seems low to me too, but on the other hand there was a White AWD 3SS with 190,000 that just sold on Central Jersey Craigslist last week was listed at $7500 OBO and was just serviced, needed nothing and cosmetically looked wonderful inside and out.

I was contemplating getting it myself, but I found my blown motor 3SS for much less and I can rebuild it, upgrade it and get it back on the street for under $7000, plus it has under 100K on the clock.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
Price seems low to me too, but on the other hand there was a White AWD 3SS with 190,000 that just sold on Central Jersey Craigslist last week was listed at $7500 OBO and was just serviced, needed nothing and cosmetically looked wonderful inside and out.

I was contemplating getting it myself, but I found my blown motor 3SS for much less and I can rebuild it, upgrade it and get it back on the street for under $7000, plus it has under 100K on the clock.
7 grand goes a lot faster than you'd think when rebuilding. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Transmission Issue Update

I put about 40 highway miles on it yesterday but could not get it to lose 4th gear again. Did notice some other shifting issues though. I will be calling the Aamco shop tomorrow and they will order the replacement trans under wasrranty. I will update when the trans swap is complete.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts