Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What is physically wrong with the engine? This will help determine what upgrades you do. If the crank is shot and you will be replacing the pistons when you hone it out, you might consider building a stroker.

as mentioned before the TBSS intake is great and there is no need to replace. Replace the oil pan with the C6 ls3 oil pan and pick up as mentioned. The cylinder heads should be 243s and need no modification to make 500hp.

basically on a stock displacement TBSS ls2 all you really need for 500hp is a cam headers and a good air intake.

you may need injectors, I’ll let others chime in on that. I’m not sure if this is common knowledge or not but L96 injectors drop right in and are 50 lb I believe.

My brother is a long time professional mechanic and believes it is bearing seized up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, my brother talked about the oil fix. We are doing this fix.

After review, I am saving the airflow upgrades for a later date. Routing the cash into a wheel/tire set up. Any thoughts on 17 inch wheels for a drag look? Something like this one below but with a wider from wheel for daily driving.

View attachment 103182
The above TBSS was owned by RPM Motor Sports in North Carolina I believe?
I can see the cage, and a couple things that stand out!
If this is the same truck it was the world’s fastest RWD TBSS and he recently just sold it ?
Can you please tell me anything about this picture please?
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The above TBSS was owned by RPM Motor Sports in North Carolina I believe?
I can see the cage, and a couple things that stand out!
If this is the same truck it was the world’s fastest RWD TBSS and he recently just sold it ?
Can you please tell me anything about this picture please?
Thanks

Yes, I searched the internets for Trailblazer SS 17 inch Wheels. This and about a dozen other TBSS showed up.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Thank you. I have been worried about the future of the tranny. It is stock and never rebuilt. At 170k I guess I need to add that to the next upgrade. How much is a good transmission to match with the LS2 For daily driving in your opinion?

I don't want to spend more than 10k total so I'm weighing header options now.
You’re looking at like $2600-3100
Phoenix, Performabuilt, FLT, RPM, go with a shop that has built a lot of 4L70’s vs some of the “deals” you find.
You can search here and over at tech forums for a lot of people having good luck with them. Compared to all the horror stories on the forums of cheap 60 or 70e trannies.
If mine was RWD, I’d have gone with an 80e.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts