Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 tbss shuts off while driving.. I get off the road unhook battery for 5 minutes and it will start back up and then drive for a few days and then shut back off again.. I have replaced ignition switch ..throttle body and also the computer. I dont what to do ..its scary it shut off today doing 80 on the free way

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
178 Posts
That would only likely happen if you were low on fuel. The under hood fuse block is a common source of electrical gremlins .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i guess i will have a look ..so I am just looking for a burnt out fuse.. and by the way thank you for helping me.. I am lost

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
178 Posts
You will find better, more detailed info but basically inside the box are Copper trace wires that weaken over time and eventually break. If you're good with Solder they can be repaired or replacement fuse boxes are on the market.

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
178 Posts
Hope that points you down the right path. There is a write up on this forum w/ how to fix info. If I find it I will post link.

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
178 Posts
Here's some info. SSR's had the same issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes if you find it that will help. Ty.. last question..the easiest to fix my problems might just be to buy a brand new fuse and be done with it

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
178 Posts
Assuming that is where the problem lies, yes. I bought mine a few years ago, I believe it was just over $200

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
209 Posts
I have the random no crank and dead dash with mine. I tore the fuse block apart and found nothing but a little corrosion. I ordered a new fuse block anyway to see if this works. Otherwise, I keep throwing ignition switches in it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1 Posts
2007 tbss shuts off while driving.. I get off the road unhook battery for 5 minutes and it will start back up and then drive for a few days and then shut back off again.. I have replaced ignition switch ..throttle body and also the computer. I dont what to do ..its scary it shut off today doing 80 on the free way
Just had that issue
Trust it's the under the hood fuse block

·
Silver Streak
TrailblazerSS
65 Posts
Last summer went through the same thing after countless parts that were replaced and beating up my shop, the shop finally sent the truck to the dealership where low and behold it WAS the Underwood fuse box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Last summer went through the same thing after countless parts that were replaced and beating up my shop, the shop finally sent the truck to the dealership where low and behold it WAS the Underwood fuse box.
I replaced the fuse box but I noticed on the new fuse block it was missing the RVC fuse slot so now my battery light is on all the time. But it is charging from the alternator but just no fuse there

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
178 Posts
If I remember correctly, the part number listed it for a Rainer and there was one fuse in a different location. I made them match when I installed it and I have zero issues

1 - 16 of 16 Posts