Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time Poster, Long Time Follower!
over the years I’ve bounced back and fourth on this site along with others just like it trying to understand the tbss knowledge Of others before me to save time and avoid costly mistakes on my own ride. In 2009 I picked up a 2007 2wd TBSS. Only 13k miles at the time and needed only minor care(local Carmax make ready department had touch up paint all over). Since I’ve always worked in the car business I quickly made some calls to the guys in the body shop and had them schedule a side job to remove all blemishes, D badging decals In the rear, and blacking out front now tie.
Now if you fast forward from 2009- to June of 2020, and that’s where we’re starting from on this one. Other than lots of Preventive maintenance and repairs, I’m just now adding a K&N cold air intake. I love how much louder it sounds, and I can definitely feel an increase in horsepower. What next??? I have ordered Custom headlights & taillights so that help give an updated look. Thinking of either upgrading wheels to black 22in(stock replica), or just blacking out current ones. That’s where I’m at in this journey. I feel like I’ve had my truck so long that it’s back in style hahaha with about 116,000 miles on the dash.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,954 Posts
Scott's cowl hood and lower the airbags

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
872 Posts
Scott’s cowl hood is a perfect upgrade. Go to Google Images and search your color Trailblazer SS and see what others have done. It will give you some ideas of what looks good and what doesn’t. Find something you like and then customize it to match your style. That’s what I did with my Black TBSS because I was frustrated that everyone did the same exterior mods and they all looked the same. If you like to be different make it look custom :)

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,954 Posts
Go with the spal dual fan 3 relay setup, oil pickup tube mod and a trucool 40k btu trans cooler.

All of these are proven solutions on many TBSS out there.

Happy modding!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know I just might. I was already thinking about the oil pickup tube and the fan, but hadn’t thought about a transmission cooler. Any idea what my HP might be after all of the above plus my K&N cold air intake and possibly a mail ordered chip?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts