Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a 2006 SS that I built and installed a ls3 with Brian Tooley stage 4 na cam in. I changed the reluctor wheel to 24x and engine has comp cams double roller timing chain 1x part number 7102 if I remember correctly. Most of the time engine will not start on first try. Will turn over for 10 seconds or so will pop in exhaust while trying. Second attempt will usually start, may stumble a little but will clear out. Been doing this a while I’m ready to fix. Please help. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
256 Posts
The 2006 has the 24x reluctor wheel. Are you sure you didn’t put a 58x crank in it with the 24x cam gear?

When I had my motor built, the builder accidentally installed the 7102 cam gear with the 58x crank and there’s no way that thing was starting up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has the right reluctor wheel on it. I’ve been driving it for a while now. Just hard to start sometimes.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
256 Posts
The 2006 comes with the 24x reluctor wheel. Was the cam degreed properly on install? Also, are you getting any camshaft position sensor error codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,272 Posts
Maybe it’s not related to the cam and reluctor, try checking your fuel pressure prior to starting.

Possible the fuel check valve in the tank is shot and allowing fuel to drain back to the tank.

Does this happen randomly? or most often when the vehicle has been sitting from some time? I.e. sitting for an hour or more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It happens most of the time when I crank it. After it cranks I could cut it off and it will do it again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve put 2 parts stores fuel pump modules in it since engine change. Been thinking about buying linginfelter Fuel pump module.

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
11 Posts
Had a similar issue with a reman fuel pump from NAPA on my 06. I changed just about everything before dropping the tank again. Turns out it was the Fuel pump after I swapped it with a new one from Rockauto. It was wearing my starter out.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,272 Posts
I’ve put 2 parts stores fuel pump modules in it since engine change. Been thinking about buying linginfelter Fuel pump module.
I’d check fuel pressure before you condemn another pump.

It could also be in the tune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ve had 5 different tuners look at it. Nobody has been able to figure it out. Gauge on fuel rail will show 50 lbs before I start and go to almost 60 when it does start.

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
11 Posts
My symptoms were this... in the morning would start right up no issue. As soon as I drove for a bit and made a stop that’s when I would get the hard start. It would take 2-3 attempts. Almost as if I was priming the fuel pump. Changed the pump and all good now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts