Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend who I help do bolt-ons has a GTO M6, he has headers, high flow cats, and catback with cold air (tune is on its way from Alvin). We squared up this morning after work and the TBSS launched him 1/2 car out of the hole and kept it for a couple of blocks...I was very pleased with the power. The best part, half the people I work with were behind us and got to see it. Needless to say, I got some peoples attention. We were all on the way for a beer so there was some shit talking for sure.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good job, LS1s are pretty easy kills but getting a LS2 is worth bragging over. So did you guys shut down and two blocks or had he caught you by then?
We ran just shy of a quarter mile before being forced to shut it down...damn street lights!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You def. need to race again once he gets his Tune. Good kill none the less.
Should be interesting and we are both getting the tunes at the same time. He has out modded me for sure at this point...but hey I only have 600 miles and haven't made a payment yet and his has been around a while...I'll get around to it.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD
1,656 Posts
Wow, that is impressive considering that you are bone stock and he is a slightly modded Goat M6 LS2. I am not calling BS but he should have embarrassed you bad. He must have spun bad cause I remember what these TBSS are like out of the hole, they are dogs!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, that is impressive considering that you are bone stock and he is a slightly modded Goat M6 LS2. I am not calling BS but he should have embarrassed you bad. He must have spun bad cause I remember what these TBSS are like out of the hole, they are dogs!
I launched him hard. No dog here. Remember, he has to drive his out of the hole...and he's not the best at doing that. Once I had the edge, I held it for the time frame we raced....I'm sure he would have come around, just didn't have the chance....and who knows, I may have gotten lucky and bought a factory freak.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Believe it or not, it takes a bit of skill to drive a GTO from a dig on the street. I will run one in a second. I ran a modded LS1 GTO on street tires and it took him awhile to get around me. The next night at the track, he ran 11.28 on DRs.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love to drive his car. we can't seem to get to the track between our work schedule and the rain..but I will take a couple of runs down the strip in it as well as the TBSS. Wanted to get stock numbers on the SS, but my mods are on their way and I'm not going to leave them sitting in the garage to look at.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts