Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a P0354 ignition coil D check engine light that would occur sometimes if I had the A/C running or very infrequently if I were towing something. I figured I needed a new coil and would do a tune up.

I put new accel wires in, new plugs, changed the coil D, cleaned the MAF sensor, changed the oil.

Now I still have the same problem. P0354 ONLY when I have the A/C on. Truck feels sluggish/seems to stumble on acceleration. If I drive without the A/C the truck drives great and smooth and pulls great with no lights.

Is the A/C compressor just dragging the engine down or could it be something else?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has some insight ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The engine may be stalling because it isn’t getting enough throttle opening. The cause is often a problem in the idle air control system. Other possibilities include a dirty throttle body, vacuum leak, incorrect ignition timing (retarded), bad gas (water or other contamination), an A/C compressor that is dragging, or an EVAP purge valve that is stuck open and is flooding the engine with fuel vapor. What to check: The throttle body hose connections and idle controls, also intake vacuum (check the throttle body, manifold and hose connections for leaks, also the PCV valve and hose, too). With your AutoTap Express DIY, look at engine RPM, calculated engine load, mass air flow rate, throttle position angle, short term fuel trim (STFT), and ignition timing. On some vehicles, you can also look at the idle control motor duty cycle or position, and/or idle tracking sensor (if the vehicle has one). In many instances, stalling ends up being an idle control motor at its limit or a failed motor. A vacuum leak can cause this, so don’t replace the idle control motor until you’ve evaluated the possibility of a vacuum leak.

snaptube vidmate word to pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts