Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a very opinionated question. But many of you have had several sets of tires on by now. I've got toyo proxies on the truck now (1s set after pos eagles) and they did "fair" last winter. I know it wont be great due to it being a 255 tire but I'm trying to pick the best all year tire. I won't be doing a lot of winter driving but traction is always nice.

So far the tires I am looking at are the Nitto 420s, Parada Spec-x, or the Proxies again. I got nearly 40k out of them and I'm not the nicest to them.

Overall Pleased with what I've got now, just looking to get the best bang for the buck is all.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
07 RED JEWEL AWD
125 Posts
Spec x is a great tire dry and wet, i've got 2 years on a set (22"). Dont know about the winter traction (i run snows in the winter on stock wheels). They prob would be better than the proxes in the winter imo, due to more siping in the tread design.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have spec x's on a set of 22's (wheels and tires) in my basement that i've never used... really want to put 22's on the truck but not for winter. but then i dont want another set of tires laying around the garage... ugh decisions decisions.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Would a 245/50/20 tire be ok to run? The blizzaks DM-V1 in this size are about 98 bucks cheaper per tire than the 255/50/20 LM-60. They are only 9 revs per mile difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts