Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m wanting to buy some 20 inch snowflake wheels and I can’t find any that are the right uh pattern so I’ve see the adapters that you can use. I’m just wondering if these adapters will make my wheels stick out and also what is the widest tire I can run on the rear. If any body has any pictures or info about it please let me know

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just picked up my first TBSS AWD, and I am also looking for the GM style snowflake or Y-spoke patterns wheels. I prefer the polished style, not a machined front, painted black or chrome, which is all I have seen on the oem style replicas, because I want it to look factory style, but I would settle if that is all they have, and if I can get 22s instead of 20s, that is fine too. Not lowered, and not planning to, so running factory suspension specs. This is a daily driver so I would like to avoid rubbing/fitment issues. How wide can I go, and what are the offset specs if anyone knows. I think I would be using 285/35 22s since they seem to be as close to factory diameter as I can find in as wide or wider 22s, but they are slightly wider, so I am guessing 22 x 9 or 9.5s for a wheel. Any wheel suggestions would be greatly appreciated from experienced users especially

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
I will have the 20x9 and 22x9 in 2 months

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is more then quick enough. I am sure the tread on my current tires will easily last that long or more. How much are the 22 x 9's, and are the 285/35s the best tire size, or could I go wider? Shipping would be to Miami, FL. I'm not some kid that goes for the stretched look. I like a little rubber past the rims to protect them

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been reading on here that the Trailblazer SS wheels are 6 x 5, or 6 x 127, with an offset about 44/45 mm, but all the 22 inch x 9 inch replica Snowflakes that I had found are 6 x 5.5/139, with 31 offsets, for the standard GM trucks. Are wheels in our TBSS lug pattern/offset that hard to find? Other then TBSS replicas in 22 inches and a few styles, all other wheels seem to require hub adapters. I have been seeing lots of TBSS, even a 9-7x Aero, with 22 snowflakes, mounted on our trucks. Are the ones you're getting going to be the factory 6 x 5, or will they need adaptors? I assume if they need them, you can also recommend good quality adaptors. Don't want to see my new rims and tires passing me on the freeway.

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
348 Posts
Lance, the sets of 20” and 22” wheels that NorcalSS is going to offer you will fit your TBSS without any adapters of any kind. They are NOT stock wheels. They are made specifically for the TBSS. Here’s some pics of the silver machine face option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've seen the pics of yours before on the forums, and that is exactly what I want. They look absolutely great on your TBSS. I've always loved that style since they came out on the 2nd Gen CTS-Vs/Pontiac GXP, because they remind me of the 80s-90s style BBS wheels I miss so much. I have a CTS-V replica 20" set on my CTS-V, painted metallic dark grey and hand-pinstriped (in real paint) to match the stripes on the car. I also know they aren't the factory wheels but that is fine. I'll put the mint factory TBSS wheels in the garage with all my other sets of factory wheels from my other cars so they will still be mint if I ever sell them. My only tough decision is do I get black painted and have them pinstriped to match the TBSS too, or just get the chrome, or machined like yours since the TBSS will be a daily driver and highway chips will eventually force me to have to re-paint the black and striped ones to keep them perfect (I am a perfectionist I think). I do about 20,000 highway miles a year. I actually would like the smooth edge polished like the factory GMs. but I guess it's either machined or chrome. I also have a second replica set of 20's in chrome for my CTS-V, which the chrome TBSS wheels would match, but they were a little too much on the CTS-V, so that's why I got the second set of replicas and painted them dark grey (Chrysler PDR actually)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey NORCAL SS, I want to get on the list for those 22 snowflakes in 2 months. I keep trying to follow your link to the store, but I either get a page that says temporary error, try again, or another page that looks just like another wheel and tire discussion page? Am I missing something? I want to be on the list already when they come in, so can you help me figure what I'm doing wrong?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
I will update when in

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for keeping me posted. I am planning on going with the snowflakes in chrome 22s when you have a set. Just let me know when they're available

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
183 Posts
I'm on the fence of 20s or 22s. I might need tires before your shipment comes in. Hate to buy tires twice..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trying to decide if I go with the black or the silver machine face looks really good on the red tbss up in those pics but don’t know if black would look better?

·
Silver Streak
TrailblazerSS
79 Posts
Tony(NorCal) took care of my 22X9 snowflakes for me and there was no adapters. He will get what you need, just ask

1 - 20 of 30 Posts