Another question

How is the ECM going to pick that up to turn the fans on. just curious

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fan harness

No I didn't. The red and black is on the battery. There is a green and blue wire that was already clipped on the end when I recieced them from PCM

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
No I didn't. The red and black is on the battery. There is a green and blue wire that was already clipped on the end when I recieced them from PCM
Do you have the directions? They get plugged into 2 of the ecm connectors iirc

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Green wire is low speed control and blue wire is high speed control.

On an 06 E40 ECM, the green wire goes to the Blue ECM connector, Pin 36, and the blue wire goes to the Blue ECM connector, pin 56.

06 E40 Blue Connector

On an 07+ E67 ECM, the green wire goes to the Grey ECM connector, pin 49, and the blue wire goes to the Blue ECM connector, Pin 54.

07+ E67 ECM Blue Connector

07+ E67 ECM Grey Connector

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
168 Posts
Sorry to bring this back but I have a quick question...

I just installed the LS1 fans with an older two relay harness. My question is that I have an orange wire and a yellow wire and I dont know which one goes where in the PCM harness. Also it never came with a jumper wire for the relay. I assuming I can just use a short wire as a DIY?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
9-7X Aero
623 Posts
Much like mindblown, I need to resurrect this post. I have an 08 9-7X Aero. I've installed the blue wire to the blue J1 Computer harness, and teh green to the Grey (J3) harness as well. Either I've got the green wire in the wrong slot, or somethings buggy. Both fans work, I drove it for a while with fans wired to ignition. I finally got the tune, and now have installed the wires into the harness. My issue is that the top fan isn't coming on. It's the two relay setup from PCMofNC. Now the instructions state, that theres already a wire in the slot you need (#49). Is that for ONLY the 2007 model year, or for all 07-09 ? I ask this because there is no wire in pin #49 in my Grey J3 harness.
Am I missing something? Also, would I be able to wire BOTH fans to run on the low cool setting?

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
The high fan will only turn on when the high temp threshold is met in the tune. If you want both fans to come on when the low temp threshold is met, you need a 3 relay harness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts