Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as if you could convert a 1SS to a 3SS and what's involved......

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
236 Posts
Seats. = Simple but prob expensive. May want to go with a Katzskin seat cover instead. You would lose heated seats tho.

Window switches = Simple.

Steering wheel and clock spring for DIC = Simple You'll have to run a wire to the BCM and have it reprogramed for steering wheel radio controls.

A/C controls (front and rear) are digital and would be a bitch to convert. I know one guy on Trailvoy did it.

I'm sure I'm missing more...

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Seats. = Simple but prob expensive. May want to go with a Katzskin seat cover instead. You would lose heated seats tho.

Steering wheel and clock spring for DIC = Simple You'll have to run a wire to the BCM and have it reprogramed for steering wheel radio controls.

A/C controls (front and rear) are digital and would be a bitch to convert. I know one guy on Trailvoy did it.

A/C would be a pain and most likely need the interior harness because of auto climate sensors.

·
Registered
07' TrailblazerSS
210 Posts
Navi you would need and new side mirrors for the doors 1SS have NON turn signal ones 3SS ones have them but the lenses are clear not amber in color. other then that that's all I know of between my buddies and mine besides mine is 2WD and his is AWD

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Would a custom auto shop be able to help me with the conversion?

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tempting but im still paying it off and these don't sell too well here

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,043 Posts
Would a custom auto shop be able to help me with the conversion?
depending on how far you want to go with the 3ss conversion, you could probably do most of it on your own. The seats just bolt into place and are plug and play. The door switches for the seat heaters are plug and play. The mirrors bolt in and are plug and play. You could put the d.i.c. in the ss plug on the dash and is plug and play.

If you do all of the above, the only part of the 3ss package you wouldn't have is the radio controls and temp controls.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
3SS has a pleather lid. 1SS is textured plastic. The 3SS lid matches the door panel inserts in all TBSS.
Really? Mine is an 06 so it is an LT/SS and has the textured plastic crap

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, which I'm usually not....

Adjustable pedals were only available as an option on the 3SS, as well as the short-lived "curb view" mirror.

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea the adjustable pedals were a main concern, not that I would really need them, also I have already replaced the factory radio with a Clarion radio(I drive an '07 btw so no factory nav) and I kinda wanna keep the cloth seats although still up in the air about changing to leather so I guess what I need to convert then is the steering wheel, side controls, mirrors and what else?..........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts