Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It does work, I know it has been discussed before but I never saw a definitive answer. I figured I'd give it a try so I bought a TBSS overhead console with Homelink to try out for an install on a 1SS. I happened to catch one on eBay that was the same year as mine but it may work with other model years besides your own but try at your own risk. Anyway, it is a direct plug and play for a 1SS, the existing plug already has the necessary pins and everything. Basically you just pop the light covers off by using a small screwdriver or knife to wedge in on the fat end of the light cover where they pivot. After that you'll find two torx screws that are located to the rear of the dome light reflectors. Remove those and then the front is just held on with clips so slide your hands underneath and pull. Now the over head console will be hanging by the harness. Unplug it and plug in your Homelink console. Reverse the steps and then program for your garage door.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
This is awesome. Thanks for posting.

Any pics so we know what to look for?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As requested, hopefully these will help a little.
Where to pry the light cover off at. Both sides

At the tip of the knife is where the torx screws are located when still mounted to the ceiling.

Picture of the clip that holds the front up. One on each side.

Completed

·
imperial blue
2008 TrailblazerSS
328 Posts
does your 1ss have a sunroof? mine only has 2 lights on the roof liner. no console. did you have to cut the roof headliner?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does your 1ss have a sunroof? mine only has 2 lights on the roof liner. no console. did you have to cut the roof headliner?
Mine does has a sunroof and had a overhead console it was just a blank plastic panel in the overhead console for the part where Homelink would be. Because I had an existing overhead console it did t require me to cut any of the headliner. I just removed the old console, plugged the new one into existed harness and that was it.

I didn't take a picture of the existing hole in the center console but I do know it is larger than the size of a standard done light because the torx screws go through it to attach the console and the clips in the front. Both of which attach to the roof above the headliner. Maybe stick a flashlight in there to see if the mounting provisions are on the roof?

Also, does your harness look like this? 4 wires on top and 6 on the bottom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts