Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the bloated bitch to the track. DA was around 700 and getting better. Sleeping @ the tree on the 60' ran a 2.2 out of the hole. Was hoping for a 13.9, but she is a pig.

160* tstat, efans, Alvin tune, resonator delete, spare tire jack removed, 4" CAI...... She weighed in @ 4933lbs with the needle on E and 180lbs of me.

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
Truck should run better than that with those mods. Were you flashing the converter or loading it during launch?

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
It will do better.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Sounds about on par with mine before the converter, not that far off. I think your losing some time to the stock exhaust also I have cats gone. You should be low 13's with a converter on a cooler day. Im hoping for a high twelve when winter cold sets in up here in WI, paired with a better launch. All in all, thats not that bad considering some stockers are 14.9 to 15.2. Mine when I got it was 14.9. Good luck with future mods.

·
SCSS
Saab 97-x
155 Posts
Sounds about on par with mine before the converter, not that far off. I think your losing some time to the stock exhaust also I have cats gone. You should be low 13's with a converter on a cooler day. Im hoping for a high twelve when winter cold sets in up here in WI, paired with a better launch. All in all, thats not that bad considering some stockers are 14.9 to 15.2. Mine when I got it was 14.9. Good luck with future mods.
Where do you race? I'm heading out to WIR on the 30th. First time with the Saab Aero. I have been out there a few times this year with the Camaro.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Took the bloated bitch to the track. DA was around 700 and getting better. Sleeping @ the tree on the 60' ran a 2.2 out of the hole. Was hoping for a 13.9, but she is a pig.

160* tstat, efans, Alvin tune, resonator delete, spare tire jack removed, 4" CAI...... She weighed in @ 4933lbs with the needle on E and 180lbs of me.
Get rid of the spare tire and equipment and get that thing on the dyno and have some hands on tuning. Good luck and I hope you can get some more speed.

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
His DA wasn't bad and his mph is low as shit. I would expect mid 13's with his setup.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
Just never know and can't base it on one night. DA doesn't always tell the truth.

Both big rob and I used to have identical trucks in the day. About same mods as original poster. We have ran around 13.6 ish with them and went to cedar falls and neither of us could break 14 seconds in "not bad da"

I would feel naked at the track without a scan tool nowadays. At minimum I want to know what all my temps including iat's are!

Go back to track and try again!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Thats same setup im running and my best is [email protected] with 17's on on 4 corners. I ran 13.8 with a programmer only so I am gonna try to get a retune soon to see if that helps.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was loading the converter, truck wasn't too bad heat wise. My aeroforce said under 200*(My fans are wired to come on at the same time so when you have the ac on both fans suck a lot of air through the radiator and cool her down pretty quick, I've seen 170* temps @ idle in 80* weather). Stabilitrak on,traction on, I'm suspecting it's down on power since I can't spin the tires even in wet conditions. Time to visit tune time for another tune.

I'd love a 1900, but once that ball gets rolling it never stops. I'll end up gutting the cats and replacing the exhaust next.

Spare tire and jack was already removed as well.

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
Turn stabilitrak off and traction control off. Don't load the stock converter.

·
Premium Member
04 NBSCC Silverado
1,334 Posts
I can tell a world of difference from when I leave my house for an errand, to when I come home on power. Mine is stock, slow, and absolutely hates heat. It literally feels like it has half the power after it's been running for 45 mins. I did a 1/4 mile with my dashhawk and it barely pulled 15 seconds. I was so embarrassed I didn't even wanna tell my wife the time. And I have pretty dense cold air and low elevation here

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd like to see what a small cheater 25hp shot would do. It should cool the temps down a lot.

Thanx for the info guys

pete

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.