Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is still using the 4l70e. Don't mind a converter of I have to.

Is this attainable NA or am I looking at forced induction?

Thanks!

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
It seems that 12.5 is almost pretty standard for full bolt ons, cam, stall and a little bit of weight reduction. Or, a supercharger or a semi healthy shot of the nitrous with a stall.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next question, and forgive my newbie ness here...

Are the TBSS exhaust manifolds the same as the truck manifolds?

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
The exhaust manifolds are different than full size trucks. Lots of guys doing LS swaps use the Trailblazer SS exhaust manifolds because they actually flow pretty well and coming off a trailblazer means they can fit on a narrow framed car/old truck.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,795 Posts
you NEED a stall. you wont go anywhere without one.

Most popular stall for awd to get these fat pigs moving is a 3600.

3600 stall, E-fans, 4inch FWI, headers & y pipe, plus some weight reduction you might be able to hit 12.5 depending on DA and other things.

Add a cam to that mix and your at 12.5 with ease.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,532 Posts
I think I could get to 12.5 with a stunt driver once I go with a LS7 MAF. Most of the mods are in signature plus seats out for weight reduction to offset oversized driver and smaller diameter tires.

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts
Cam and full bolt ons awd with just the spare removed I went 12.6 .
A lot of guys do way better with some lighter wheels and some weight removed, it's easily achievable.
A built trans is recommended and probably the most expensive piece of the puzzle.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
2,305 Posts
Do you still want the truck to be the same as it is today? Or do you want to make compromises? Like it has been said you can do H/C/I + stall + exhaust and it'll probably be a fair bit rowdier; or you can boost it (which will cost more) and the truck will be more civil.

I went with boost to keep the truck feeling "normal". Granted I bought a small stall, built trans, headers, intake, LS9 cam and LS7 lifters, springs, pushrods, fuel mods, etc to support the blower.

There are many different ways to skin these heavy pigs.

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
My lt1z cammed went 12.8 in crappy DA, full weight, and a small 3k stall. Good DA is very obtainable with a well put together setup cam only

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
A 1900 maggie will do with stock stall/trans and I think stock manifolds.
And drive stock.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,505 Posts
Cam, 3600 stall, full bolt ons, 17" wheels, and weight reduction gets me consistent 12.1's in good air. My trany is bone stock.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesomee comments. Thanks!

Is there a used buyers guide form these things? I am a heat duty mechanic, but it'd be good to know what to look for. There a few around, some with higher mileage. Should I be scared of them? I'm ready set on no modifications, want a rear dvd for the kid, and am selling my 1992 Typhoon for it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts