Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two years of running the muffler delete i thought it was time to switch things up a bit so i ordered a 11229 magnaflow. I'm still undecided on what would sound best with this muffler deleted resonator, cats, or both possibly? What would be the deepest sound possible out of those options?:popcorn3:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
699 Posts
I am stock to that exact muffler then dual tips. Think it sounds pretty good and have got compliments on it

·
Registered
Camaro Z28
143 Posts
Im stock except res delete and that muffler. Sounds good and gotten some compliments. Thought of hackin the cats off too but I think Im jusr gonna wait and go with coated pacesetter headers asap!

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im stock except res delete and that muffler. Sounds good and gotten some compliments. Thought of hackin the cats off too but I think Im jusr gonna wait and go with coated pacesetter headers asap!
I'm also considering the coated pacesetter's but wanted to try out an offoad stock y with this muffler first. As much as i would like getting headers this would be a similar sound at fraction of the cost up until i order them.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i decided keeping the resonator for now but i had the cats cut off. Overall i'm pretty happy with the sound compared to what i had before(muffler delete with cats and resonator) but was expecting it too be louder without cats. Here's a quick video i made of the current set-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_EIlLDJWKs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts