Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Black 06
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck was dead this mornig had it towed to the dealership, they just called and said it was the starter and it would be $1085.17 to rplace it! Are you kidding me!!!!

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Haha be like " am I on candid camera ?" that's unreal!!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,781 Posts
sounds about right...

the labor is what kills you....
Labor? How long could it possibly take? I remember doing the R&R on it when we pulled the trans. It wasnt the easiest thing to get to, but 1k sounds way high to me.

·
Premium Member
07 Imperial 1SS 2wd
2,625 Posts
That's unreal for a starter! How much are they charging for labor?

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Just drop the crossmember directly below the rack and then unbolt it. It kinda sucks but there is no way in hell I would pay someone $1000 to change it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,781 Posts
Good, then go to napa and save yourself a buch of money. Easy decision if you ask me.

·
Registered
Black 06
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hopefully it starts when i pick it up! How long would it take to push a Trailblazer 12 mi. lol!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,781 Posts
I dont know, but to save 840 bucks I would sure consider it. That or get yourself some ramps or stands and do it in a parking lot.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
Motors time pays 4.2 hours for the job.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
i just checked and its only like 399 in labor at my work... 4.2 at 95 an hour

Starter lists for 465.58 with a $45 core...

even then your right at 900 with 8% tax your at 972

cheapest i can do the starter for is 300.62 with the core charge in the price...

bring me the old one and subtract 45 bucks off the price...

gm quotes 5.5 for an awd 6.0 trailblazer.... easiest way to do it is disco the ball joint, pull the pass side axle, pop the pass side rack mount out and swing the rack down out of the way....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
Black 06
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i just checked and its only like 399 in labor at my work... 4.2 at 95 an hour

Starter lists for 465.58 with a $45 core...

even then your right at 900 with 8% tax your at 972

cheapest i can do the starter for is 300.62 with the core charge in the price...

bring me the old one and subtract 45 bucks off the price...

gm quotes 5.5 for an awd 6.0 trailblazer.... easiest way to do it is disco the ball joint, pull the pass side axle, pop the pass side rack mount out and swing the rack down out of the way....
I am in to it for the diagnostic also. that couls explain the extra 150. I had it towed there not knowing what the problem was

1 - 20 of 45 Posts