Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
07 TBSS
383 Posts
Yea you should be fine are you stock? You just would not want to cause a lean condition if you have intake and exhaust stuff done.

·
Registered
07 TBSS
383 Posts
Plus with my mods I gave gotten plenty of warranty work done.i just had it in and ended up getting a new throttle body.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
I have a cai on and am wanting to get a tune now, but I was told tune would void warranty. Figured if I get a new ECM/tcm I could put the tune needed on that (pcmforless) and have my stock one if needed. Also get efans at that point. Would they know I swapped? Any problems doing this before? I'll call Alvin after work to confirm through him.

·
Registered
'06 TBSS AWD
239 Posts
So I could buy these, send them out for a tune, install once tuned and if something happens that I need warranty work I could put my stockers in and they wouldn't know?
It will likely depend on your dealership.
Some will work without and fully cover aftermarket parts as long as you buy/install it through them (I've heard rumors of s/c installs with full warranty) and others will be real sticky will be rather dink-ish on anything non factory.

There's a Magnuson-Moss clause that states something along the lines of "Warranty as a whole can not be voided from any aftermarket part unless that part/modification is/has caused undo stress or failure of a component."

IE:
aftermarket intake installed one day and your rear hatch falls off the next...unrelated and would be covered.

However a custom tune one day and a blown engine the next will likely not be accepted from GM as its a costly repair.

I'm not saying that a custom tune is GOING to cause an issue, but GM's warranty department would be pretty quick to jump on that assumption.

There are technicalities and loops wholes you can use, like if you bought a GM certified pre-owned unit and had issues right away with the motor, you could play dumb and say something like:
"I just bought this CERTIFIED pr-owned vehicle from your dealership because you check them throughly top to bottom... how would I know if there's been some computer tampering?? Isn't that why you inspect them?"
Buuuut that's a bit of a reach and I wouldn't count on it...

IMO, if you have a good, safe base tune and follow up with either sending back data logs to have it tweaked, or have a professional shop dyno tune it for you...you'll likely be all smiles and be perfectly fine.

/Tali-ban hijacking

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.