Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever since I completed the conversion I've been getting hit with interest in the conversion for TBSS's, but it has not been a cost effective swap for most. Thankfully, the cost of several key components has become more reasonable to make this swap a more competitive (and in some cases less expensive) proposition to alternative 4 speed automatic "upgrades." For Pro/Con details of this conversion please follow this link: http://tbmsport.com/6l80gm6spdinformation.html

With that I am happy to present the TBMSport 6 Speed Automatic Conversion September Special. I have taken the time to get (almost) everything you need to perform this swap as painlessly and quickly as possible for '2007-09 TBSS ONLY.

Here's what you get for RWD $4595 SHIPPED(CONUS):
- 6L90 RWD Transmission( w/Torque Converter-Dipstick) Low Mileage, Recycled unit with 90 day warranty (6L80 is N/C option, but why?:dunno:)
- NEW Transmission Cooler lines & fittings
- NEW custom yoke fitting for driveshaft
- NEW TBMSport Plug & Play T42-T43 Interface Module & Harness
- NEW Handheld plug in programmer for ECM & TCM reflash (Dyno tune still required for maximum performance/emissions/shift tuning to driver's liking)
- SHIPPING

AWD additional $1050 SHIPPED*(CONUS):
- NEW Aluminum Transmission to Transfer Case Adapter
- NEW 6L80/90 Specific Input Shaft for transfer case
- *Parts will not ship until Early October 2013

What is not included and/or you have to provide:
- Custom alteration and rebalancing of your driveshafts (OEM RWD aluminum driveshaft cores available)
- Minor alteration to OEM transmission mount (not the crossmember)

Want to provide your own transmission?
- Due to the wide range of specification that exists with 6L80/90 transmission (because of the varying internal components that GM specifies for the original equipment vehicles such as TCM, Torque Converter, Clutches, etc.), this is NOT recommended. Selecting the wrong 6L80/90 transmissions will result in issues that range from but are not limited to 'bricking' a $650 TCM module, destroying clutches, inconsistent performance, intermittent or non functioning electronic functions, and/or other drivetrain damage/failure. Because the 6L80/90 is an adaptive shifting transmission, high mileage transmissions are not supplied as they can mask clutch wear. :2cents:
- NO guarantee will be given for the performance and subsequent issues of transmissions that TBMSport does not spec and provide.

With that said:
- the RWD September Special WITHOUT a transmission, torque converter, dipstick, yoke, and cooling lines: $2250 SHIPPED CONUS
- the AWD September Special WITHOUT a transmission, torque converter, dipstick, and cooling lines: $3345 SHIPPED CONUS

LIMITATIONS:
This special offer is currently limited to 3 due to transmission availability and special salvage unit resources. PM me for details and the most up to date availability as price and availability are subject to change without notice.

FIRST fully paid order gets a free valance of choice!:afro:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
216 Posts
Damn! Just when I decided four speeds was all I would ever get with the TB. That is a great deal especially considering what you get. Others will argue but it's still six speeds.:cheers1:

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Are you selling with a stock converter?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,414 Posts
It is only the reluctor wheel thing? My 06 has an LS3 with the 58x reluctor and lingenfelter electronic signal adapter. What kind of gains with this trans would be expected as in extra torque rating, smoothness and mpg?

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is only the reluctor wheel thing? My 06 has an LS3 with the 58x reluctor and lingenfelter electronic signal adapter. What kind of gains with this trans would be expected as in extra torque rating, smoothness and mpg?
You're ahead of the game BIG TIME then bc that's the major issue. However, you still have an '06 and are using the Lingenfelter adapter, so you'll just have to change the engine harness over to a '07+ harness in order to plug into the E67 ECM.

The 6L80 has greater torque capacity (the last two digits of the transmission indicate the vehicle weight/power rating...60/65/70/80/85/90) so obviously the 6L90 has the greatest capacity.

Smoothness and fuel economy are ENTIRELY up to your tuner. Hence I recommend you only use the BEST tuners in your area to get be fully happy with the conversion. You can have exceptional fuel economy (I got about 18-19 MPG in mixed driving that included bumper to bumper traffic and 70+ cruising..and up to 21-22 mpg on an all highway road trip in my 5000+lb AWD TBSS) and butter smooth shifts, or crappy fuel economy and bang-slam shifts.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,414 Posts
Thanks for the input as I'm sure I am not alone in my curiosity. I am glad to see this kit as an option. I think I'd need a trans failure to motivate my wallet right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts