Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Is one year better then another?
2) Cat back flow fine i heard so long tube 17/8 should be ok or waste?
3) Heads worth getting or stocks flow fine?
4) cams... This is going to be driven by my father (64 years old) and myself as a weekend car so are guys getting 40-50 rwhp also with cam swap?
5) vavram or whatever its called cold air intake worth getting?
6) i know first gear is long like 60mph do they make 3.90s or 4.11s for the car or even higher.

Any other help you guys can give would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
4) cams... This is going to be driven by my father (64 years old) and myself as a weekend car so are guys getting 40-50 rwhp also with cam swap?
6) i know first gear is long like 60mph do they make 3.90s or 4.11s for the car or even higher.

I can set you up if you get one. 10+ have the best OS but probably out of the price range. 06+ are all good though.

Definitely do the following

CAI
1 7/8 LT's
Cam
ZR1 clutch
tune
DRs

Those mods alone will get you in the 10's with a good driver. I have a killer LS7 cam :biggrin2: Stock heads are pretty good so no need to go there unless you want every last bit of hp the stock shortblock can muster.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the heads are fine for stock just do a cam and be done with it?

cai that varam or whatever its called is that a good one?

Gears worth doing? the cars 4th is 1 to 1 and with 3.42 gears and that 7000 rpm means 4th goes to 162 mph. if i did 4.10s on it 4th would go to 135mph which would be perfect. 3.90s might be a better bet 142 mph.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
So the heads are fine for stock just do a cam and be done with it?

cai that varam or whatever its called is that a good one?

Gears worth doing? the cars 4th is 1 to 1 and with 3.42 gears and that 7000 rpm means 4th goes to 162 mph. if i did 4.10s on it 4th would go to 135mph which would be perfect. 3.90s might be a better bet 142 mph.

Stock heads are good with the spring/PR upgrade for the cam.

Vararam works, but there are other good ones out there. Airraid is hard to beat for the price. A couple of well chosen mods go a long way on that engine. Air in, air out, and a good "brain" to control VEs.

I would honestly leave the gears stock. It will still run the number at the strip and remember it's a vette. You want to keep it fun on the freeway because that is what they are meant for. 3.90 would be the steepest I would consider. Remember these things trap much higher than a TBSS. The other thing to consider is that the 3.90 and 4.10 rears are not c6 ZO6 diffs but reworked c6 diffs that are not as strong. The only gear set made for the C6 ZO6 rear is the 3.42. These things are also not $300 gear swaps like you may be used to in solid axle vehicles. You can easily spend as much on gears as headers and then it goes up from there if you want 300M parts , halfshafts etc...

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
i thought the trans was different on the 08s its a 6060 i think, read that they are weaker. id buy a 09+ just cuz its the newest and heard they fixed the trans problem then. but an 06 with a t56 would still be good plus a bunch of them with under 10k miles for 40s on craigslist

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
Your Serbian Pop deserves a nice Bentley not some fukn gay Vette lol.

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts
Hey two-tons-of-douche wagon

*oops* wrong thread!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
510 Posts
The Vararam cold air intake is worth it, if you don't like it they'll give you a full money back guarantee on it if you aren't happy with it. We've got them in stock and at the lowest prices with the full money back guarantee. The only issues with these is that you should not drive the car in floods with it as my friend found out.

Also the ARH makes headers for it and the 1-7/8 is fine even if you plan on upgrading the camshaft.

The heads flow fine on it as casted I wouldn't touch them.

I'll talk to Ed Curtis about camshafts for it and let you know what he says.

Gearing I'll talk to my friend about the different gears he's gotten done to his and let you know what he thinks about each.

Let me know if you're interested in the Vararam and the headers I'll give you a good price on the two.

·
Registered
391 Posts
ECS FTW!!!! They Did my buddies C6 and was pushing a mild 730 at the wheel!

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts

Not really, they all have inherited evils.

Stock cat back is ok for what you're doing. 1 7/8 headers are a must!

Leave 'em be.

One should see around 550 RWHP with a good cam.

Vararam is good stuff. So is Blackwing.

Get with RPM transmissions as they have rear housings with different gear ratio's available.

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts
Yeah, I know. :yawn:

I worked on Mitsubishi 2 weeks ago. Fucking ricers and an Evo. Water jackets filled and drilled, receiver grooves cut in block, head O-ringed, forged crank, rods, pistons, stainless rings. Should be good for about 30 lbs of boost. :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Talk to Andy (VettePro), as he probably has more Z06/LS7 experience than all others here combined.

I remember hearing cam and tune gets you over 600 easily, but watch out for, I think, number 7 piston.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts