Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Money has become an issue, I'm selling my 06 LT SS w/o a motor for 20,000. Need a quick sale. Title in hand. Just needs a long block. (or your choice of motor). 8,300 miles, Kbee coilovers (stocks also), black chrome wheels, and tinted. The truck is loaded with everything except Navigation. Rear DVD, rainsense, side air bags, etc...

Please let me know, showable by appointment

A new LS2 is available for about 4,000 complete

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
How did you blow the motor?
Is the tranny still good?
Does it have leather?
Is it 4WD or 2WD???
How many miles does it have??

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
How did you blow the motor?
Is the tranny still good?
Does it have leather?
Is it 4WD or 2WD???
How many miles does it have??

You need to watch the videos and look at pictures. It will make you cringe. http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828

I have never seen a motor more trashed out than this one. It blew on the strip. I cant imagine there is one piece salvagable on the long block. I would think it would have bent valves too.

Nice looking truck.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS 2wd
182 Posts
You know what bro, I might be able to help you. I have all my stock parts from my mods and this site is all about helping each other out. I have my stock heads. You can have them if you want. That way you should need a short block. I have my cam too but you might not need that. I have the stock TB as well

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
You know if each of us put up 15 or so dollars in a fund, we could get him back up and running. It only seems right to help. We already got heads, cam, TB. What you all think?

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
Money has become an issue, I'm selling my 06 LT SS w/o a motor for 20,000. Need a quick sale. Title in hand. Just needs a long block. (or your choice of motor). 8,300 miles, Kbee coilovers (stocks also), black chrome wheels, and tinted. The truck is loaded with everything except Navigation. Rear DVD, rainsense, side air bags, etc...

Please let me know, showable by appointment

A new LS2 is available for about 4,000 complete

I just had a friend buy a black 06 SS with 6000 miles WITH an engine for 21,000!
Seems like a steep price, especially since the drivetrain is/will be out of warranty.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just had a friend buy a black 06 SS with 6000 miles WITH an engine for 21,000!
Seems like a steep price, especially since the drivetrain is/will be out of warranty.
Is his fully loaded? Sounds like a good deal if so. This isn't a stripped LS. This was actually well maintained.

The rest of the truck worked flawlessly until the motor went out.

There is nothing in the computer that has my warranty voided. They (the dealer or any in my REP area will not fix it.) I called yesterday, if I put a new/used/rebuilt ls2 in here then my factory warranty will remain.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZO6
7,400 Posts
You know if each of us put up 15 or so dollars in a fund, we could get him back up and running. It only seems right to help. We already got heads, cam, TB. What you all think?
ill donote to the fund to help out.youre right if everybody here donates 15 bucks he can purchase the engine might not be 600 hp but atleast it runs

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd chip in $20, let me know maybe tony can keep track so we know if we got enough. I'd do it cause I would appreciate it if some1 would do it for me. Sux what happened to you george. besides what is 15 or 20 too a bunch of guys with $40,000 trucks that get 12 mpg! come on guys

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Hey and when we're done with that we can start the DancemfSS Magna fund.
:)

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Ill chip in $20

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
How bout we donate 50 bucks to JJ? At least you know your $ sent to me will be going towards a good Hooker!.......I do like the idea of the donation, but lets all think about it. Prostock is low on cash and just wants to get out of his SS. With a donation to him you need to realize that maybe he cant afford the SS anymore. Iam not trying to be an ass about it, but from what i heard in past i think its best he sells it and tries to get back on his feet rather than driving around a 35k SUV. My 2 cents which means chit to most .

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
How bout we donate 50 bucks to JJ? At least you know your $ sent to me will be going towards a good Hooker!.......I do like the idea of the donation, but lets all think about it. Prostock is low on cash and just wants to get out of his SS. With a donation to him you need to realize that maybe he cant afford the SS anymore. Iam not trying to be an ass about it, but from what i heard in past i think its best he sells it and tries to get back on his feet rather than driving around a 35k SUV. My 2 cents which means chit to most .
Yeah, I guess we don't know the whole story. JJ may actually be right (not about supporting his hooker habit...lol) but that even if we donated enough for a motor that may not solve prostocks problems. What stinks is that like others have said, it's going to be difficult to get a good price for the truck as is. Prostock, think about it and let us know how you feel about the whole thing. Have you tried listing it on ebay and seeing what you can get?

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
I think the dealer claimed abuse and denied him because he had rubber from the track all over the underside of the truck. I'd be willing to conjecture that high RPM oil airation after so many runs could have contributed to the failure.

I'd say 15-17K would be much easier pricing to digest becuase there won't be many people who want an SS except for those here, and we already have one that runs.

But it would be a good starting point for an all out big inch buildup.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts