Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
06 TBSS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 SS that i would like to upgrade the engine to a newer style. I am wondering if I can change the engine wiring harness to a 07+ engine wiring harness in order to run a 58x engine without having to use the Lingenfelter conversion box. Is there anything else that will need to be changed, like the BCM and harness? Also can the ECM be programmed with the 06 VIN?

Thanks

·
Can you say 9's
AWD Trailblazer SS
2,065 Posts
The harness is different. You will need to install the Lingenfelter adapter.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
189 Posts
There are major differences between '06 and '07. It's not just an 'engine harness', it's different components that the harness connects to, stuff that isn't present on a '06. ('Battery Control Module', for just one example that's really obvious).

·
Registered
06 TBSS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please tell me all the harnesses that need to be changed in order to convert to a 07+ engine wiring harness.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
60 Posts
Agreed with above... Not really doable. I have an 07 harness I was going to install on my 04.....and you literally have to change the entire wiring systems.... Engine, body, and dash.... And many of the controlled components.... BCM, abs, door modules, etc need to be swapped as well.

You CAN do it, but in the end, easier to stick with a 24x engine or the Lingenfelter box

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put an an 07 tbss motor in my 06 tbss using using 06 harness and ECM and used the lingenfelter converter box....issue I have now is random/multiple misfires still trying to get em resolved

1 - 11 of 11 Posts