Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through a lot of this and gotten a lot of good information. And I Now understand that I need to Change my upper control arms and front coilovers to drop the front. But I am still a little confused on the rear. I see a lot about airbags. The one I have does not have airbags, It has coil springs. So do I need to order Drop springs and shocks? And my other question would be that if I do lower the rear I need to change the panhard bar correct?

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
934 Posts
It looks like someone already did the conversion than. Got any pics of the ride height? Otherwise, go to tbssowners store and they have 31.5” or 30” springs and the correct size shock you can swap in there. You will need the pan hard bar if you do the 30” kit.

2008 TBSS Super Charged

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,214 Posts
If you happen to have a 30.5 kit already installed I have a set of almost new 30.5 shocks I’ll sell you cheap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will get some pics tomorrow and get them posted. Thank you for the help.
It looks like someone already did the conversion than. Got any pics of the ride height? Otherwise, go to tbssowners store and they have 31.5” or 30” springs and the correct size shock you can swap in there. You will need the pan hard bar if you do the 30” kit.

2008 TBSS Super Charged

Attachments

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
159 Posts
Is that 32 1/4 inch front and 34 inch rear? If so I think you have a standard trailblazer set up not a TBSS.
Or peraps your air shocks are set waaay. High

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone has removed the air shocks. I'm just trying to fig out what they did so I can order the right parts to drop it

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
159 Posts
TBSS store can set you straight. My bet is you have standard Trailblazer springs/shocks on the rear.. wrong height.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
934 Posts
I hope this helps.
Your pretty high in the back. They must have put some stock trailblazer springs in the rear. No biggie. Just order new springs and shocks and you will be able to easily swap out what’s there. The 31.5” spring kit comes with a 1” spacer if you want to be at 32.5”. If you want to lower the front, you will need new lowering struts or coilovers to do that.

2008 TBSS Super Charged

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,851 Posts
Just get the 31.5 drop kit at store.tbssowners.com. Get the adjustable panhard bar if you want to straighten the left to right tire poke. When it lowers to ride height it want to push the axle to one side. If you want to be able to lower it equally in the front, then you need the upper control arms and adjustable coil overs for the front.
The automatic leveling air suspension was great when it was new on these trucks, but after several years have passed, they begin to leak and the rear suspension will be found sagging to one side or the other or both go down. Plus the air suspension rides rigid and can be lowered, but is very time consuming to get it to lower down and get it level, but it can be done. Just wont ride that great at all. Best fix was to remove the air suspension and place coil springs in their place. You will achieve your desired ride height and the ride will be much smoother. However, if you decide to tow, then dont expect it to hold up the weight like it once was able to. Not unless you add helper bags.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts