Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

06-09 Trailblazer SS Complete Lowering Guide with pics.

226K views 239 replies 99 participants last post by  Burnit53 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
OPTION 1 2WD
Lowering is by using the KBEE Coilovers/KW Coilovers or Belltech Drop struts. Don't waste your time on any aftermarket drop spring in front. If you are on a budget your best bet is the belltech drop struts by far much better riding than any drop spring out there and you keep your stock SS springs. By using this option and going below 31.25 from ground to fender lip you will need my modified arms to fix the alignment issues/balljoint issues. In the rear, you just adjust the airbags if on a budget

NORCAL SS UPPERS

Drop struts

Coilovers

06-09 OPTION 2 2WD
In the rear, as stated above you can adjust the rear airbags for free but the ride starts to suffer. You can make the rear bags work better by upgrading to the shock I worked on belltech with specifically for our trucks click the link below

06-09 OPTION 3 2WD
Many of the TBSS's rear airbags go out so now I offer 3 kits for the rear

Kit 1 levels to stock height front

Kit 2 will be a 1.5 drop

Kit 3 is a 2.5 drop

06-09 AWD TBSS

OPTION 1
So you would need to get my modified upper a-arms and then to lower the truck you would need either KBEE Coilovers/KW Coilovers or Belltech drop struts. Don't waste your time on any aftermarket drop spring in front. If your on a budget your best bet is the belltech drop struts by far much better riding than any drop spring out there and you keep your stock SS springs. In rear, you just adjust the airbags and I would get the rear belltech shocks much better ride

NORCAL SS-MODIFIED UPPERS

Belltech drop struts

Rear Belltech Shocks

NOTE ON AWD TRUCKS GOING UNDER 31 FROM GROUND TO FENDERLIP LEADS TO HUBS GOING OUT FASTER. SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN FINE FOR 10K MILES SOME HAVE HAD THEIR HUBS GO OUT IN LESS THAN 3000 MILES.

Hopefully, this clears some of the confusion I see/hear.

All option pricing above can be found in our store section on our site www.tbssowners.com/store

PICTURES OF DROPS ON MY TBSS

Here is the Belltechs with my NORCAL SS MODIFIED UPPERS arms and rear-adjusted airbags. The truck sits at 31.25 front and rear 31.75 from ground to fender lip stock 255 50 20.

NORCAL SS 2-inch front kit in this pic with rear adjusted airbags. The truck sits at 30.5 in front and 30.75 in the rear from ground to fender lip stock 255 50 20 (djm 2-inch kit will not work on AWD trucks only the upper a-arm works which don't lower it)

Here is my modified uppers 2 inch front drop kit along with KBEE coilovers and rear bags adjusted. Truck sits at 29.5 in front and 29.75 in rear (djm 2 inch kit will not work on awd trucks only the upper a arm works which doesnt lower it) 255 45 20 front 255 50 20 rear

My modified uppers 2 inch front drop kit along with the KBEE Coilovers and rear bags adjusted on 22x9 FR Replica Wheels. Truck sits at 29.25 in front and 29.25 in rear from ground to fenderlip. (djm 2 inch kit will not work on awd trucks only the upper a arm works which doesnt lower it)

PICTURES OF DROPS ON MY WIFES TBSS
Front Kbee Coilovers with modified DJM 2 inch drop kit and rear airbags adjusted. on 285 35 22 truck sits at 30.25 front and 30.5 rear. (djm 2 inch kit will not work on awd trucks only the upper a arm works which doesnt lower it)

PICTURES OF DROPS ON MY WIFES TBSS AND NEW TRUE FORGED WHEELS

See less See more
#3 ·
yah ive been thinking about this for a long time and finally got off my ass and got pics together. The pics is what helps a lot

Reactions: White Hot FLSS
#4 ·
I need to finish my piece on the front drop using the upper a arms and lowering struts....

#14 ·
Great info Tony!! Seeing it lined up like that pretty much just made my mind up... now to hypnotize the wife into thinking it's a good thing to spend $400 on me..... :biggrin2:

#15 ·
just installed the djm 2" kit on my wifes o8 and it was a snap, just followed the directions and gathered up all the right tools and 2 hours later it was done. I highly recommend reading the how to on this that Tony and others have discussed as it is a big help.

#17 ·
ANYTIME you go under 31.75 from ground to fenderlip you need the djm uppers.

awd truck i would leave it at 31.25 but if you want to go lower kbees bring it to 30.75.

belltech springs 31.5.

#19 ·
i do have the djm 2 inch kit plus coilovers. you cannot use the djm 2 inch kit on the awd trucks you can only use the djm upper arm on awd trucks.

#22 ·
the djm 2 inch kit plus the kbee coilovers are for those that want to go under 30.75 from ground to fenderlip or even lower like 29 inches like my silver truck.

#26 ·
Might want to add something about needing adjustable sway bar links right?

I remember looking at lowering my truck with the djm arms in the front and adjusting the bags in the rear, but I thought you ended up needing a panhard bar and adjustable sway bar links.

I see that once I have the new rims.....it is going to have to be lowered though :)

#27 ·
my awd sits at 31 1/8 all the way around, with the orig hubs, aligns out great, and rides pretty good...

i have stock struts, collars, and the air bag sensors adjusted....

BUT... id like to know what i can do for front struts to make it ride a little better, with out spending 500 dollars on coil overs....

and also a rear shock to decrease the bounce...

who do you reccomend for trailing arms, and a panhard bar....

#28 ·
this is just a quick faq guide. for front honestly stock springs with belltech drop struts will ride better than what you have on your truck.

in rear if you truely want a great ride and keep it low your going to have to spend some coin on good shocks.

spohn ive sold on here for the control arms and never had a problem.

#31 · (Edited)
Nice write up. So basically you need the A-arms and the drop struts for AWD. Looks likes a $575 package from the prices in the store. Would be nice to get a package for AWD put together.

Thanks for the write up.

#32 ·
i didnt put pricing since pictures work great in the store section. people can also go there and see the different options they have on bringing the truck down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.