Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OPTION 1 2WD
Lowering is by using the KBEE Coilovers/KW Coilovers or Belltech Drop struts. Don't waste your time on any aftermarket drop spring in front. If your on a budget your best bet is the belltech drop struts by far much better riding than any drop spring out there and you keep your stock SS springs. By using this option and going below 31.25 from ground to fenderlip you will need my modified a arms to fix the alignment issues/balljoint issues. In rear you just adjust the airbags if on a budget

NORCAL SS UPPERS

Drop struts

Coilovers

06-09 OPTION 2 2WD
In rear like stated above you can adjust the rear airbags for fre but ride starts to suffer. You can make the rear bags work better by upgrading to the shock I worked on belltech with specfically for our trucks click link below

06-09 OPTION 3 2WD
Many of the TBSS's rear airbags go out so now I offer 3 kits for the rear

Kit 1 levels to stock height front

Kit 2 will be a 1.5 drop

Kit 3 is a 2.5 drop

06-09 AWD TBSS

OPTION 1
So you would need to get my modified upper a arms and then to lower the truck you would need either KBEE Coilovers/KW Coilovers or Belltech drop struts. Don't waste your time on any aftermarket drop spring in front. If your on a budget your best bet is the belltech drop struts by far much better riding than any drop spring out there and you keep your stock SS springs. In rear you just adjust the airbags and I would get the rear belltech shocks much better ride

NORCAL SS MODIFIED UPPERS

Belltech drop struts

Rear Belltech Shocks

NOTE ON AWD TRUCKS GOING UNDER 31 FROM GROUND TO FENDERLIP LEADS TO HUBS GOING OUT FASTER. SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN FINE FOR 10K MILES SOME HAVE HAD THEIR HUBS GO OUT IN LESS THAN 3000 MILES.

Hopefully this clears some of the confusion I see/hear.

All option pricing above can be found in our store section on our site www.tbssowners.com/store

PICTURES OF DROPS ON MY TBSS

Here is the Belltechs with my NORCAL SS MODIFIED UPPERS arms and rear adjusted airbags. Truck sits at 31.25 front and rear 31.75 from ground to fenderlip stock 255 50 20.

NORCAL SS 2 inch front kit in this pic with rear adjusted airbags. Truck sits at 30.5 in front and 30.75 in rear from ground to fenderlip stock 255 50 20 (djm 2 inch kit will not work on awd trucks only the upper a arm works which doesnt lower it)

Here is my modified uppers 2 inch front drop kit along with KBEE coilovers and rear bags adjusted. Truck sits at 29.5 in front and 29.75 in rear (djm 2 inch kit will not work on awd trucks only the upper a arm works which doesnt lower it) 255 45 20 front 255 50 20 rear

My modified uppers 2 inch front drop kit along with the KBEE Coilovers and rear bags adjusted on 22x9 FR Replica Wheels. Truck sits at 29.25 in front and 29.25 in rear from ground to fenderlip. (djm 2 inch kit will not work on awd trucks only the upper a arm works which doesnt lower it)

PICTURES OF DROPS ON MY WIFES TBSS
Front Kbee Coilovers with modified DJM 2 inch drop kit and rear airbags adjusted. on 285 35 22 truck sits at 30.25 front and 30.5 rear. (djm 2 inch kit will not work on awd trucks only the upper a arm works which doesnt lower it)

PICTURES OF DROPS ON MY WIFES TBSS AND NEW TRUE FORGED WHEELS

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,492 Posts
Nice pics and some good info to read over.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah ive been thinking about this for a long time and finally got off my ass and got pics together. The pics is what helps a lot

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
I need to finish my piece on the front drop using the upper a arms and lowering struts....

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
Tony, I will be ordering my djm a arms as soon as unclefuckersam cuts me my cheese.
Should I decide to go drop springs in the rear, do I still need a panhard bar?

Chris

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tony, I will be ordering my djm a arms as soon as unclefuckersam cuts me my cheese.
Should I decide to go drop springs in the rear, do I still need a panhard bar?

Chris

drop it then decide if you need one.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If going under 31.75 from ground to fenderlip yes

·
Premium Member
08' TrailblazerSS
4,663 Posts
Great info Tony!! Seeing it lined up like that pretty much just made my mind up... now to hypnotize the wife into thinking it's a good thing to spend $400 on me..... :biggrin2:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
217 Posts
just installed the djm 2" kit on my wifes o8 and it was a snap, just followed the directions and gathered up all the right tools and 2 hours later it was done. I highly recommend reading the how to on this that Tony and others have discussed as it is a big help.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
340 Posts
I never knew the DJM kit was used with the KBEEs.

How low can the KBEEs go on an AWD truck?

Also, i know they are not recommended, but what do the belltech springs put the ground to fenderlip height at?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I never knew the DJM kit was used with the KBEEs.

How low can the KBEEs go on an AWD truck?

Also, i know they are not recommended, but what do the belltech springs put the ground to fenderlip height at?

ANYTIME you go under 31.75 from ground to fenderlip you need the djm uppers.

awd truck i would leave it at 31.25 but if you want to go lower kbees bring it to 30.75.

belltech springs 31.5.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
340 Posts
ANYTIME you go under 31.75 from ground to fenderlip you need the djm uppers.

awd truck i would leave it at 31.25 but if you want to go lower kbees bring it to 30.75.

belltech springs 31.5.
I mean the strut mount. Your description makes it sound like you have the whole DJM kit on with coilovers.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i do have the djm 2 inch kit plus coilovers. you cannot use the djm 2 inch kit on the awd trucks you can only use the djm upper arm on awd trucks.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
340 Posts
i do have the djm 2 inch kit plus coilovers. you cannot use the djm 2 inch kit on the awd trucks you can only use the djm upper arm on awd trucks.
I understand the AWD vs RWD parts. But i have never come across you saying to use the lowering kit with the coilovers?

What is the purpose of using both?

1 - 20 of 235 Posts