Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Phoenix Transmissions 4L80E

9K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  CooperS7777 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD

Parted out my SS a few weeks ago and Im starting to sell off what I have left. Here is the original F/S thread, which also contains a link to the build thread.
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/bu...-06-tbss-lep-416-lc32-rear-drive-tvs2300.html

This is a 4L80e built by Phoenix Transmissions (Phoenix Transmission Products ? Performance Transmission Products) The transmission was originally built for Joe Delano (LC32) for his RWD 360/TVS2300 build. Joe didnt end up using the trans and I purchased it from him brand new shortly after Greg at Phoenix had built it. Greg converted the trans to an AWD unit for me, and that is how it currently sits. It can be converted back RWD if the new owner would like.

The trans is basically the baddest bitch that Phoenix offers.

LS Style transmission core trimmed to fit TBSS, billet 300M input shaft, billet forward clutch hub, and billet intermediate shaft, all planetaries converted to 4L85E 5 pinion, heavy duty 36 element intermediate sprag and custom clutch drum, extra friction plates in forward, intermediate and direct clutch packs, hp style, wide style intermediate band and apply piston, reinforced low reverse band, TBSS AWD Conversion style output shaft with full spline,billet T/C adapter and 2500 series trans to TC adapter. Machine burnished case and tailstock. Modified valve body and pump, high pressure with shift improvement mods and billet accumulator pistons.All new internal electronics including control harness. PTGM82/280 custom 280MM 2600-2800 stall converter with HP friction and billet piston and full sized 6 bolt billet front cover, anti balloon construction.

I spoke with Greg a couple of weeks ago, and this transmission would run about $7,800 new today. It can also easily be converted back to a 2wd trans if the new owner would like.

This trans has just over 800 miles on it; most of that street time, and a dozen or so pulls on the dyno. It has 0 launches and 0 passes at the track. Fluid was healthy looking, and trans had no issues when it was removed from the truck. It will also include a Setrab trans cooler, aeroquip fittings on the trans and trans hard lines, and aeroquip soft lines for the run from the trans to the cooler.

Cooler is a Series 6, 34 row with 22mm to AN adapters for anyone wondering.

I'm sure it will be asked, but I DO NOT have the 4L80 conversion kit, it was sold with the roller.

Edit:

$4750, and Ill split shipping with the buyer.

See less See more
#3 ·
Good day, I a long time searching automatic transmission for my TBSS 6.0, is it possible to to remake this transmission for rear-wheel drive, how much it will cost after this rework? What else do I need to remake to install this transmission? I already broke several 70 transmissions with standard motor. Now I set Magna Charger and I need a good reliable transmission, Guys help advice.

#16 ·
Sfi flexplate and/or scatter sheild included?

What bolt pattern is that converter? 6 bolt guessing it can be 2 of the 3 configurations that are normally on ls setups.

I assume it has a deep pan with heat sink and drainplug?

I assume frieght would be $250-$450 on a pallett from business to business with a ramp.

(do you trans have plastic case for trans shipping from pheonix still? would allow for more shipping options).

Have a g37 with lsx 418 swap or a square body c10 with twins could work nicely, would have to convert back to 2wd though.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.