Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Help!! Transmission / Transfer case vent hoses

19K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mrjayy23505 
#1 ·
I'm installing my rebuilt tranny & have (2) hoses coming down from the engine. I know where one goes (to the transfer case) but can't for the life of me find a nipple to attach the other one to.. Both hoses are identical & have the same exact markings.

#3 ·
i think what he means is there is 2 hoses. one long individual hose, and another that has a split with a small hose and a bigger hose. i believe the one long individual hose goes to the transfer case, the small hose to the trans and the other hose just stays unconnected. they are vent hoses at this, unless someone can chime in on where that hoses goes, but i believe nowhere

#4 · (Edited)
Yes that is what I'm talking about.. From everything i have seen the hose with the smaller one attached hooks on the tranny & then goes back & plugs on to the trans case. The other is the one I'm really not sure about.. I just don't remember when i took it apart, seeing a hose that wasn't connected to something.. The worst part is common sense tells me everything needs attached to something* but maybe in this case its not true lol. Thank for your imput!

#6 · (Edited)
I guess this question never really got answered? I too have an extra vent hose that I don't know where it goes. It looks like it could connect to the transfer case vent hose and is right next to the transfer case vent hose. But there is already a hose attached to the nipple on the transfer case. The end of the hose is wet and has little oil dripping from it. The pic above is not a TBSS and shows hose #4 going somewhere else. The pic shows the front driveshaft on the right side while the TBSS has the driveshaft output on the left. From the best I can tell, the AWD transfer case only has one vent nipple on it.

I am in the process of replacing the fuel lines and discovered this "extra hose". If someone knows where this vent hose goes, please chime in and let me know! I didn't disconnect the hose from anything and it looks like it has not been connected for a long time. The previous owner had the transmission rebuilt at a shop. But I have not removed the transmission.

Thanks, Shimaze
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fixture

#7 ·
This is probably going to go unanswered, as do most of my questions. I google searched the forum (the forum search doesn't work) and found that this missing nipple /extra hose phenomenon is normal. As concerning as it is to be driving around with an open vent, this is the way it is supposed to be. I am still not sure where this hose attaches to because the transfer case hose going up top supposedly tees off to a vent on top of the transmission. And please completely disregard the pic in post #5 because it has ZERO relevance in a Trailblazer.

Please see the posts that lead me to my conclusion
Vacuum Line Trans?
Vent tube???

Thanks, Shimaze

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.