Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Oil Pickup fix! Prevent starvation due to sloshing

52K views 235 replies 85 participants last post by  Jay94 
#1 ·
We've been working on this since Christmas trying to come up with a good solution for everyone. I'm pretty happy to show off the prototype. The relocated pickup moves the oil pickup to the rear of the sump preventing oil starvation on hard launches. The stock pickup location is in the front of the sump which oil sloshes away from on hard launches.

Its where GM should have put the pickup tube. This pickup tube works with a stock pan or one that we have modified to improve oil drain back. This does not require a new filter or relocated filter setup. A bypass can be installed to eliminate the stock filter pressure bypass if needed.

The pickup tube is CNC bent (midsection) to ensure all tubes come out fitting properly.

I'll hopefully be able to get some prices soon and should have them available within a month or two.

Attachments

See less See more
#124 ·
this is a little game changer you think?? no more 'need' for a C6 pan?? Alvin has fixed what GM wouldnt....??? sheesh......:cheers1:

#126 ·
Hoping to get one to install with my FWI, fans, and tstat in june... i'd love to have peace of mind on my motor considering i already had it replaced in december with 2 spun rods.

#131 ·
Wow... Not only does a TBSS have a transmission that will go out, but also suffers from oil starvation! Should've bought the 03 cobra...
SIIIKKKEE!! lol I love my SS, so one question... For Awd, what is the best setup you can do to prevent this "starvation"?!
Makes me want to drop my pan to "check" the bearings... Shouldn't be to hard, right? It seems that I get that "piston slap" when it's old during warm up. Stops as the truck warms up...

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

#133 ·
If you've never done it before, it could take 5hrs or better just to get the pan off. After that, it shouldn't take quite as long.. But don't underestimate the task by any means..

#149 ·
:iamwithstupid::popcorn3:

#150 · (Edited)
I would say this about the whole thing. If you are building a new motor I would go with Ross oil pan conversion. I have one of the oil pans ross has converted and it is a nice pan. If you are not in the market for a new build then I would go with this new oil pick up as it will help the life of your motor.

Keep in mind guys no testing has been done on this yet. Im sure it will work no real reason it wouldnt but im not sure why Alvin would release something that has not been tested and why you would not know your price point by now?

#152 ·
My point why would he mention this before it was tested?
As I said though im sure it will work as Alvin thinks it would.

#153 ·
it has been tested, if you do recall this is what billyman started doing with his oil pans. he stopped putting gates in and use a different pick up, modded it so that it would fit in the rear of the pan.

billy is no longer doing any of this so Alvin stepped up to make the rear pick up.
i'm going to use rats oil pan with Alvin's pick up. i think its the best of both worlds.

#155 ·
You can not use Ross oil pan and this pick up as the gate is designed to keep all the oil up front not in the back of the pan.

#161 ·
I don't see how standing on the brakes at idle would be nearly as bad as losing pressure at WOT.

Here's what I'm wondering.... Alvin said this is to fix oil SLOSHING... Completely different than just WOT launches:2cents:

:popcorn3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.