Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Oil Pickup fix! Prevent starvation due to sloshing

52K views 235 replies 85 participants last post by  Jay94 
#1 ·
We've been working on this since Christmas trying to come up with a good solution for everyone. I'm pretty happy to show off the prototype. The relocated pickup moves the oil pickup to the rear of the sump preventing oil starvation on hard launches. The stock pickup location is in the front of the sump which oil sloshes away from on hard launches.

Its where GM should have put the pickup tube. This pickup tube works with a stock pan or one that we have modified to improve oil drain back. This does not require a new filter or relocated filter setup. A bypass can be installed to eliminate the stock filter pressure bypass if needed.

The pickup tube is CNC bent (midsection) to ensure all tubes come out fitting properly.

I'll hopefully be able to get some prices soon and should have them available within a month or two.

Attachments

See less See more
#78 ·
You could definitely run a modded pan with no gate and a remote filter kit for the added oil. Not a bad idea at all :2cents:

#89 ·

you see the hole in the front? thats where the pickup goes now. see the hump in the middle? thats the axle tunnel. see the thing to the left? thats what the oil filter connects to. see on top of that? left of the hump? theres metal there. thats where the pickup will go. got to punch a hole in that.

#91 ·
Yeah, I guess I forgot about that one. I knew it was there though. Sounds like it isn't much modification but a little so yeah, you're right.

#93 ·
So it looks like there will have to be some sort of modification to the pan to make it work? Looks pretty clear that's the case in the photo above...

#94 ·
I'm sure Alvin has put alot of time and thought into this mod before releasing it. Everyone needs to have a little patients and see what he has come up with!

#99 ·
If you really wanna get fucking technical, the AWD SS pan is no such sump... It's where ever GM made it, or you make it. The pan is fucking FLAT! IE; no fucking SUMP!

Putting the pickup at the rear of the pan is by far the best solution, if not the best solution to this day in age.

#100 ·
I would imagine that the GTO's have something like the C6 pan from the factory don't they? There's no reason for them to have a pan like ours..

#104 · (Edited)
I talked to a lot of pan fabricators

prior to getting a pan. Most of what I have been told is that if you have a steep ledge on the pan this solves most pickup type problems. The gate creates the ledge that is not really there on the pan we have on our trucks. Alvin have you had a chance to monitor the oil pressure with HPTuners to see the outcome of what you pickup mod will do for both acceleration and deceleration? While I am sure this may help I was pretty much told by everyone that I spoke to without a gate or a ledge that anything else was pretty much useless. Would love to see how this turns out with the known oiling issues we have with the truck as it has been pretty much proven that the gated pan solves the oil pressure problem during HPTuners logging. Should be interesting to see if this solves the problem as well. I personally went with both the pan and an Accusump but I just put a lot of money into a motor and this was one of the cheaper things that I spent money on.

#105 ·
so i called Alvin and ASKED the price..

he said its a dollar two ninety eight, and your first born.:boff:

well done Alvin. im sure it will be WELL below a C6 pain, i mean , pan conversion.....

im in for one.:coolthumb:

#107 ·
Way to go Alvin! I am in for one of these and hope you have it by the 7th. Good deal and from reading thru all these posts, I think it will solve the main issue for lots less money and effort.

#108 ·
Way to go Alvin! I am in for three of these and hope you have it by the 7th. Good deal and from reading thru all these posts, I think it will solve the main issue for lots less money and effort.
fixed:biggrin2:

#111 ·
Maybe. I'm sure Alvin will more than likely make a kit meaning the tray may need to be swapped out but nothing modified.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.