Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

4L80E shift linkage??

8K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  XplicitPerformance 
#1 ·
Okay we got the tranny stabbed, the driveshaft modified and installed, the 80E trans file is loaded but I can't get the shift linkage figured out. What are you guys doing and are you running the 70E bracket or the 80E bracket?

Pics would be helpful if you got em!

#5 ·
Thanks Greg. What is MLPS though?

I got all the lines fixed up and it seems one of the transmission fittings is leaking. If I am not mistaking these 97+ 4L80E's have self sealing fittings correct? I am going to have to replace it.

#7 ·
Ahh okay thanks Greg. It ended up being a worn tranny fitting on the 80E that was causing the leak. I picked one up at the local stealership who stuck it to me and sent me on my way for 17$ for one fitting :( Going to focus on the wiring part today and pick up the shifter linkage bracket. Should be rolling by the weekend assuming all goes well.

#8 ·
Well we got it all together and I re-pinned the harness and that was a breeze. Definitely worth the money saved from buying the 200$ harness. Wired in the extra speed sensor as well. Had the shift linkage cable rip so I will be replacing that. I have my tuner coming over this week to handle the chores. I sure love having a tuner who will make house calls.

#11 · (Edited)
Runs pretty well. You can definitely tell the difference in the gearing. I made one wide open hit and it feels a little better on the big end. Over all I am pretty happy with it. The 80E swap kit we put together was awesome and worked great. So for any 2008 models that need any help feel free to PM me.

I would like to think Zach with Daily Grind Fabrication for the very well built crossmember. I would also like to think Jake from BrownSpeed for the wiring help as well as the tuning chores. Also need to think greg at phoenix for setting me up with one of his awesome converters. It feels great! We got it done when others said we couldn't and that makes it that much sweeter!

:cheers1:

#14 ·
Yeah already talked to him and Zach so tuning and crossmember are good to go. I found a core now im just looking for somebody to rebuild it. Im getting prices now.

In your opinion is it worth doing if i will never be FI or N2?
I heard ill loose some low end out of the swap. Ill most likely at one point be cam and full bolt ons but that is probably it.

#15 ·
are you breaking transmissions now? I have a cam/full exhaust and the low end loss is tolerable. I was holding back on upping the horsepower cause I didn't have a transmission to hold the power I already have. Now I may consider upping the horsepower with more mods now. I also went with a higher stall converter to make up for some of the low end loss.

#16 ·
Not at all
Just bought the truck a month ago and the tranny feels good. Goes threw all the gears fine and shifts good. Truck only has a CAI but eventually will get all the bolt ons.
I was going to look into a stall hd2 kit and servos for the 70e so i figured might as well just do the swap, but im having second thoughts now. Why fix something that is not broken. I may still just get the crossmember and core just to have them. Then when the trans does take a shit, all i have to do is rebuild the 80e and go from there.

#17 ·
Yeah I would definitely consider the 80E if you plan on heavy mods. If you want to keep the 70E get you a good trans cooler, shift kit and KEEP TORQUE MANAGEMENT and you should be good.

The 80E takes a little but you get some too. You no longer need torque management so that helps. I was running 60% even on my built 70E. I may add a dual tranny cooler as this 3600 converter generates more heat than the old converter. In stop and go it can see 190 degrees. That is too hot for my taste.

#19 ·
Ah cmon, what fun is torque management? lol. Honestly, a HD2 shift kit, servos, good converter (non-circle D restalled TB converter), and a solid trans tune will keep the 70E alive for quite some time. Nice thing is the 70E has a LOT of upgraded internals compared to even the 03-05 60E's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.