Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Head Unit???? Pioneer vs Kenwood

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  BUCKET 
#1 ·
Im going to be purchasing a new headunit for my truck. (Stock 6 disc changer aint cutting it!) I am really leaning towards a PIONEER AVIC-X920BT. Prefer the smooth finish compared to the PIONEER AVIC-X930BT. What do you guys think? Any other recommendations, experiences with these or other headunits? Keep in mind budget is about $800 for unit and accessories(Axxess, Bose converter, Mounting kit).

#2 ·
Go to sonicelectronix.com put in your make model year and search for pioneers they are the best price on the net. And sonic offers dash kit for free and antenna adapter for free all you pay for is radio and wiring harness. Ive got the pioneer 4300 and I love it, here is a pic of mine

#4 ·
:iamwithstupid:

Plus Sonic has REALLY good closeup pics!

#3 ·
I used to have Kenwood 7120 DVD player. The touchscreen response was slow and it didn't have a lot of features compared with the price. Changed to a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD and am much happier. In general I prefer Pioneer over Kenwood because of the UI experience. Plus my Pioneer came with 4 volt preamp outputs while Kenwood only had 2 volt.

If you have the money, go for the bigger screen AVIC-Z130BT. I never liked having a bunch of buttons around the screen and the screen smaller. Bigger screen makes for better movie watching.

Or if you have an Andorid/iphone, use Google maps/Nav in your phone, save a bunch of money and go with a regular DVD player AVH-P4300DVD. Goiogle maps on the phones is always up-to-date where I believe the AVIC Nav you have to purchase updated discs? I may be wrong on that. But you save almost $1k by skipping Nav.

#6 ·
^ No problem man got mine for 524.00 shipped no nav but still a damn goodunit for the price with all accessories.

#7 ·
Quick question.......
What SPECIFIC accessories would I need for the 4300DVD?
Can I get names or part numbers?
These are the things I would want...
1. Axxess
2. Heard about a BOSE CONVERTER?:dunno:
3. Rear camera? Which one will work or do you recommend?

Dont care for XM right now......

Oh and found it for $355 on EBAY!

#9 · (Edited)
I honestly dont know about the bose converter I think that has something to do with the wiring harness I know there are 2 different ones. I have a 06 ss and mine did not have bose leather steering wheel controls etc.. Sonic sells the steering wheel module so your steering wheel controls will work with the pioneer. Not so sure on the rear camera maybe someone else can chime in on that. The price on ebay does that include all accessories to install? Remote etc. Might want to check that out just to make sure, sonic gives you a damn good deal with accessories to install.

#15 ·
running a kenwood 9960. it was my top pick why?
garmin built in nav. that is fully supported by garmin (changed my voice to and aussie chick and the pointer to a bone fingers)
parrot bluetooth built in.
5v front,rear,sub, center outs.
tunable like no other headunit I have ever owned. 13 band eq, dolby 5.1...etc
ability to split stages....ie dauter can watch tv in the back on rear speakers, I can listen to radio up front.
two seperate lines. one just for iphone/pod. the other for usb hook up.
sd card slot behind face (can be used for updates, music, etc)
changable start up screens.

this is off top of my head.
this was my choice though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.