Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear Corner Headlights

59K views 393 replies 120 participants last post by  Jake747 
#1 · (Edited)
As of right now I'm not going to be doing this anymore, sorry.

#2 ·
Do you have the clear lenses to install into our oem headlights or do we have to buy a clear headlight assembly off ebay and then send it to you?

#4 ·
I make the clear corners myself.

I want to be first in line for this!

Can you not clear out the set you have and then I'll send you mine? Like an exchange program?
The ones I would be sending out are the ones that are tinted black pictured above.

My loaner light are from my TBSS that had over 100,000 miles worth of rock chips on the lights, you dont want them.

#5 ·
Does the $90 include cutting the hole out in the passenger side headlight? If so, will it be any cheaper if the hole has already been cut out?

#15 ·
ok sounds good.

I'd say I'm interested, but I am actually doing this mod to mine as I sit here in front of the computer. Well, the Dr. Whistler mod, at least. I'm still fighting about whether or not to lose the ambers. First headlight is apart and I must say, Hell of a deal for what you are offering, Tom. I was thinking about offering this service myself, but I see you've got it covered. Using diffusers heated up and molded for the clears?
I figured there is a big demand for these lights and I have the know how, so....

That was what we were talking about doing as well... but then you don't know what condition that the person's headlights are in... if someone sends you amazing heads then you have the cores as crappier... then the person gets shafted... but it may still be an option... we are working on that part of the logistics still I believe...
:iamwithstupid:

#10 ·
Instead of loaners, what about doing a core charge; where you have extra completed set that you send out, and the customer swaps out their stock one for the finished set and sends you the stock ones to be completed for the next guys.

#12 ·
That was what we were talking about doing as well... but then you don't know what condition that the person's headlights are in... if someone sends you amazing heads then you have the cores as crappier... then the person gets shafted... but it may still be an option... we are working on that part of the logistics still I believe...

Bot is that you???

#11 · (Edited)
I'd say I'm interested, but I am actually doing this mod to mine as I sit here in front of the computer. Well, the Dr. Whistler mod, at least. I'm still fighting about whether or not to lose the ambers. First headlight is apart and I must say, Hell of a deal for what you are offering, Tom. I was thinking about offering this service myself, but I see you've got it covered. Using diffusers heated up and molded for the clears?

#16 ·
hl

how much to take mine and paint the inside black (like you did to the white ones in the pic) and then put a clear corner in but black it out as well lemme know and how long it will take

#17 ·
how much to take mine and paint the inside black (like you did to the white ones in the pic) and then put a clear corner in but black it out as well lemme know and how long it will take
It would be $93 plus 3% for PayPal and shipping. I don't have anything going on right now , so I could get them done in a week. I'm still waiting on a couple more cans of tint though, they should be here in a week, I'm hoping.

#19 ·
What are you looking for as far as warranty goes ?

I really can't offer much, you can see all the lights I've done so far with no problems what so ever. That's why I'm trying to be really clear on how I'm doing them and what they're going to look like. I can't promise they won't fog a little in a corner or something (hasn't happened yet, just saying), even lights sealed from GM do that every once in a while.

#20 ·
I will send you my stockers I dont need loaners.. I have a set of the lights off ebay.. They suck the big one though.. I want black housing clear corners and the striped tape behind them like the white Tblazer pictured above with a very light tint.. Sorry im complicated..

#29 ·
Yea John... like I said as soon as I can get him better you will get yours back... and he does do top notch work... the only reason the silicone is a little messy on mine is because I'd rather have it smoothed out like that than have any sorta leaks... just my .02

#30 ·
Hey, are you still doing this? If you are, does the reflective tape let light threw it? I was going to see if you can fill the whole clear corner with it instead of the stripes. let me know how long it might take if I send them in by monday. clear corner,with tape, painted black and the whole made bigger. Thanks.

#33 ·
He did a great job, looks like they are sealed backup perfect. Great turn around time and communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.