Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Service Stabilitrak light

18K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  turkey 
#1 ·
So first cold morning we have seen around here, go out and start the ss to come to work. Started fine but my stabilitrak light is on. Any ideas??

#8 ·
Had the same thing happen on my 05 vette and my TBSS, and both came down to the steering wheel sensor connector. Unplugged it, put in some dielectric grease, plugged it back in and then zip tied it tight. No problems on either one since.

#10 ·
Mine started coming on two weeks ago. I took it in and they couldn't get any signal from the yaw sensor under the driver's seat so they replaced it. At that time there were no codes stored in my dashawk nor could they pull any with their scanner.
The light came back on the next day and when I took it to them, they found a code stored that didn't have anything to do with the sensor but it went away when they deleted it and they couldn't get it to return. the "service light came on before I was even a 1/2 mile away from the shop so I took it back and they scanned and found yet a different code stored.
I have been disabling it on start up ever since because the guy who did all the work on it is hunting this week and won't be back until Monday.
If I don't disable it, it elicits a reaction from my anti-lock brake system for no damned reason at all the the light just stays on until the engine is restarted.
This is the first problem I have had with stabilitrack since my return trip from the Nationals in '08 when the damned thing pulled my throttle while I was trying to merge onto a four lane highway from an interstate. I damn near got T-boned by a one ton ford truck that time before I could get enough throttle response to get out of his way.
I drove with the damn system disabled for a month after that before getting it fixed, so I'm used to the drill.
At that time the service writer said "they made an adjustment" in order to fix the problem, but one of the techs on here told me he probably didn't have a clue as to what he was talking about.
If it isn't fixed by the eight of this month, I'll be heading to Massachusetts with it disabled since I consider having no safety feature such as this one as being better than having one that comes on for no reason at all.:argue2:

#11 ·
funny that this was made today. first real cold morning down here and my light is on also. i dropped my daughter off at daycare and the light came back on after a restart. this never happened when i was in NY which is a lot colder. :yuck:

#13 ·
So searching to see if I was alone...7deg. F this morning...sitting with the boy waiting for the schoolbus and the CEL comes on. I go out to go to lunch and the whole dash lights up like a Christmas tree, gauges stop working and the Stabilitrack needs service. I cruise to Autozone, they can't get their scanner to work, chevy dealer wants $98 (f-that), S&S Tire wants $42 (no-thanks). I have a Dashhawk at home...so I will wait. I come out from eating lunch and all is clear...no CEL, all gauges work, ST/TC working as expected.

I guess it was too cold.

#14 ·
Your Dashawk won't pick up a code for stabilitrack since it gets the info from the ECM and TCM whereas your code for stabilitrack and traction control is stored in the "bcm"(?) which controls your antilock brakes, as well.
My problem turned out to be a partial short in one of the leads going to (or from) the yaw sensor and the tech had to pull all the seats in order to find it and splice it.
Of course when you say that ALL your dash warning lights were lit up, you may have a different problem electrically.:dunno:

#16 ·
I had same issues-dealer replaced steering wheel position sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.