Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Steering Wheel Position Sensor

12K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  30birdy 
#1 ·
what is the part number for 2008 TBSS? Gotta try to fix this stabilitrac issue...

#2 ·
The part # is 19150081.

#7 ·
everytime i drive it, I get stabilitrac service message and the stabilitrac light stays on. Someone said it could possible be a wheel position sensor that had same problems of me.. Dealership want something like 174 for the sensor so I might trying other things before I replace it...

#4 ·
If you replace the part, make sure you put dielectric grease in the connectors. Its a long story, but thats all it took for the dealer to finally fix a stabilitrac issue that i had.

#5 ·
If your steering wheel is off center can this cause your ST light to come on? If so that explains alot.

#8 ·
I had the same problem but mine was cover under the bumper to bumper warranty.

#14 ·
Dropped our SS off lastnight and wife or a call already.
Service manager said our trucks steering wheel sensor isn't sensin when the steering wheel is straight and the part is 400-ish +tax +1/2hour diagnosis (75bucks) :( :( :(

is this sensor easy to replace or should I leave it to the stealership??
If it's easy to fix, is there a how-to somewhere?
Money is really tight lately /sigh

#18 ·
Steering wheel sensor number 2 just started showing the message. I replaced it and a short drive later the message re appeared. I had it checked with the Tech II at the dealer and it was the sensor setting the code. I took advice from the technichian and sprayed the sensor with some CRC electric cleaner from both sides with it still installed. Turned the wheel lock to lock a few times. Took a test drive and it appeared to fix the problem. 200 miles later and lots of turns with no more service stabilitrak message. Might work for anyone else experiencing it as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.