Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Throttle Position Sensor

47K views 115 replies 56 participants last post by  kirkevil 
#1 ·
Just got this in the mail today, has anyone else? I havent had any problems with the TPS but dont want to in the furture, so do I bring it in and "say" I have had these problems and hope they fix what needs to be fixed? Anyone know what the issue is?

See less See more
#6 ·
Read the letter. It tells you what to do and what not to do................

J

#11 ·
Yep only for 2008 so I don't qualify.

#15 ·
Wow, I got mine and mines a flood title!

#18 ·
i just got this letter too. what exactly is the hesitation...i know there have been several instances where I will be at a stoplight and the engine starts to hesitate like its going to stall but then its ok. happens for a couple of days at a time intermittenly then goes away. is this the hesitation that this is talking about????

#19 ·
mine goes in on monday, they're going to replace my pedal sensor.. mine has been pulling me along and wont idle right. ive swapped TB's with no luck! its kinda going to be a PITA cause they reflash the computer and ill lose my tune!

#26 ·
Subject:

11273 — Special Coverage Adjustment – Throttle Position Sensor Replacement

Models:

2008-2010 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2008-2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

2008-2010 Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2009-2010 Chevrolet Colorado

2008-2009 GMC Envoy

2008-2010 GMC Savana, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

2009-2010 GMC Canyon

2008-2009 HUMMER H2

2008-2010 HUMMER H3

2009-2010 HUMMER H3T

Equipped with V8 Engine (LFA, LY2, L20, LMG, LC9, LH6, LMF, LH8, LH9, L76, LS2, LY5, LY6, L92, L96, LZ1, L94, L9H)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customers involved in this Special Coverage will be notified in phases. The first phase will include customers with 2008 model year vehicles.

Condition

On some 2008-2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer; GMC Envoy; HUMMER H2; 2008-2010 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe; GMC Savana, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL; HUMMER H3; 2009-2010 Chevrolet Colorado; GMC Canyon; and HUMMER H3T vehicles, equipped with a V8 engine, the throttle position sensor may cause the engine to run rough and cause the malfunction indicator lamp and/or an Engine Reduced Power message to illuminate. If this occurs, it could result in reduced engine power.

Special Coverage Adjustment

This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Dealers are to replace the throttle position sensor and reprogram the Engine Control Module. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after September 21, 2012, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to September 21, 2012, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Vehicles Involved

All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Applicable Warranties section in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.

Parts Information

Parts required to complete this special coverage are to be obtained from General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales (GMCC&A).

Part Number

Description

Quantity/Vehicle

SENSOR KIT, THROT POSN

Service Procedure

Caution: Handle the electronic throttle control components carefully. Use cleanliness in order to prevent damage. Do not drop the electronic throttle control components. Do not roughly handle the electronic throttle control components. Do not immerse the electronic throttle control components in cleaning solvents of any type.

Warning: Approved safety glasses and gloves should be worn when performing this procedure to reduce the chance of personal injury.

With a scan tool, verify that DTC P2135 is set as Current or in History.

If DTC P2135 is set as Current or in History, proceed to Step 2 and perform the service procedure in this bulletin.

If DTC P2135 is NOT set as Current or in History, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle or Symptoms - Engine Controls in SI. Determine cause of condition. Repairs, if required, are NOT covered by the labor operation codes in this bulletin. Bill repair under warranty, goodwill assistance or customer pay.

Turn OFF the ignition.

Open the hood.

Note: If at any time during this procedure the throttle body is dropped, abort this procedure and REPLACE it with a new throttle body assembly.

Remove the throttle body and discard the throttle body gasket. Refer to Throttle Body Assembly Replacement in SI.

Remove any loose debris and dirt from the throttle body assembly and the TP sensor cover. Inspect the throttle body for damage.

CautionDo not use any solvent that contains Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK). This solvent may damage fuel system components.

Clean the throttle body bore and the throttle plate using a clean shop towel with GM Top Engine Cleaner, P/N 1052626 (in Canada, P/N 993026), or AC-Delco Upper Engine and Fuel Injector Cleaner, P/N X66-P, or an equivalent product.
Caution Do not use any solvent that contains Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK). This solvent may damage fuel system components.

#30 ·
Yea I got this in the mail too....Gonna take it in to a friend that works down at the chevy house and see what they can do.. have had a few issues so far so hopefully easy fix

#33 ·
It shouldn't be a flash of the computers, yet an idle relearn process that takes approx. 25 mins to perform.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.