Our goal is to build an atmosphere more around what we represent.
We want to encourage members not only to register, but to stay and be active. A friendly community welcome's you, thank you for joining and taking the time to read this.
1. Using The User CP (Control Panel)
(In the Navigation bar, click on the "Links" tab, and click on "User Control Panel" in the drop down menu. Or, at the top-left, click on your username.)
* Edit Your Details
- This is basic settings for you profile, set as setting your birth date, contact information (AIM, MSN, etc...).
* Edit Avatar & Signature
- This is explained in the next section. It's pretty self explanatory. I'm not going to get into detail about every section.
Selecting Your Avatar:
When you click on "Edit Avatar," you will be taken to this page -
You have a choice between uploading your image from an external site, such as:
* Free Image Hosting - Image upload - xs.to - Media Hosting
* ImageShack® - Image Hosting
* TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
- to name a few. Make sure you use the direct link given from the sites above or any site that you choose from, copy and paste it into the Option 1 field and press "Save Changes" at the bottom of the form.
Another way is to upload the image from your computer. Press the Browse button and find your image. After you found it, double click it, and save changes.
Using Your Signature:
Here's where you can input your signature. This is text or images that will show up under you posts. To input an image in this spot, either get the direct image and put it in between [IMG] tags:
[IMG]DIRECT IMAGE LINK IN HERE[/IMG]
Or, click on the
button, and a popup should appear:
Here, you can input the direct link, and then press OK, and your image should appear.
In the top-right corner, whenever you receive something like a new private message
Your private message box is where you can uphold conversations between your and another user. This is essential for personal questions, and especially solving personal issues:
New PM's are in bold, and read one's are in plain text. Depending on your usergroup, the amount of PM's allowed in your inbox will vary.
Making A Topic:
Making A Reply:
You have two choices for making replies; Quick or Advanced Reply.
This is located under almost every topic. Here is where you can reply quickly, and also some text formatting tools.
The layout is the same as the Quick Reply, but with all the formatting functions.
Knowing Your Way Around The Forum
Using The Search Feature:
The search function is a good place to start when your new and looking for something. We encourage users to relate to this first because chances are your question may have been answered. Once again, it's on the Navbar for easy access.
That pretty much covers all I can think of. Thank you for taking the time to read this and/or join us. We hope you will like it here, and as I said, do not be afraid to drop a PM to any staff member if you need to. We can't stress enough that we only ask you follow that basic rules(which are very few), and be active.