: Who is running the Edlebrock Pro-Flo XT? DYNO INFO INSIDE

Anointed Fighter
Sep-27-09, 08:37 AM
http://static.atechmotorsports.com/global/images/prod/large/edl-71393_w.jpg

I need to get a copy of the graph but Quality Motorsports just installed one on a SSR LS2 that had a nasty head cam package (installed elsewhere) that the owner wanted them to install the intake one. Pat (owner of QM), Andy (ADM) and myself were shaking our heads saying the guy was fucking up but Pat agreed to do the conversion for him. The only change to the truck was the intake. Well the short version is Pat, Andy and Myself all looked like dip shits when the install and follow up dyno was done. Pat made 2 VERY MINOR adjustments to the tune after the install. With some more time spent fine tuning for the changes the truck could have made more.

EACH AND EVERY SINGLE H/C PACKAGE TRUCK ON THIS BOARD NEEDS THIS INTAKE FUCKING PERIOD, DONE END OF STATEMENT.

The SSR made 40+ more peak HP and the graph keeps climbing straight up. It never falls off. The fuggin intake climbs until it hits the rev limiter. The peak TQ and low end TQ was exactly the same until about 4000ish when the TQ goes under the curve and in some places under the curve the fuggin intake made 15-20 more TQ.

GD I wish I would have had the chance to use it on "RAGE". I'll get a copy of the graph early next week to add to this thread.

PAGING ALVIN. Talk one of your customers into the intake that has the ATTITUDE CAM and STAGE II (or better heads) and HEADERS. I GARAUNTEE YOU WILL BE SURPRISED.

07SS
Sep-27-09, 09:03 AM
I'm not surprised. The factory truck intakes become a restriction when you start getting into head, cam+ modded trucks.
But alot of people insisted that the factory truck intakes were stout.:dunno:

Anointed Fighter
Sep-27-09, 09:10 AM
alot of people insisted that the factory truck intakes were stout.:dunno:

ME BEING ONE OF THEM!

I have PROOF OTHERWISE.

Y'all get these fucking things bought and installed. I can't wait to see some ET and MPH improvements from nothing but this intake!

Alvin
Sep-27-09, 09:16 AM
I'd love to try one. There is a good bit of power left in the stock intake and believe this would show a great gain also.

Did you guys have to use the fuel rails too? Any other modification needed?

Anointed Fighter
Sep-27-09, 09:26 AM
Did you guys have to use the fuel rails too? Any other modification needed?

The customer brought all the parts Pat told him to buy. There is the fuel rail kit and Pat used the words "Conversion Kit" not sure what he meant by that but I will try and get more specific info as to exactly what he was talking about. I suspect it was drive by wire stuff as the intake looks like it comes cable TB fitted.

Dude it FLOORED all 3 of us. We could not believe what we were looking at. Pat never even got agressive with the tuning as the customer was rushing him to leave and so he could drive out of town.

EDIT: Not sure if the TBSS fire wall is as tight on the engine as the SSR (Joe would be the one to answer that) but they had to raise the clearance on the fire wall the OLD FASHION WAY...3lb STANLEY....:D

Saladbar
Sep-27-09, 09:46 AM
Thobart is running this intake manifold on his boosted setup. I don't think any "massaging" was needed.

Pat, did it raise the powerband up any?? I'd assume so...

Anointed Fighter
Sep-27-09, 10:36 AM
Pat, did it raise the powerband up any?? I'd assume so...

Bro it was the sweetest adjustment to the graph. The typical 6200ish nose off from the intake was gone and it made progressively more HP until it hits the rev limiter.

The TQ curve was essentially unchanged under 3500ish at 4000 plus you could see it also proegressively climb away from the previous the baseline.

It does not SHIFT the power band it EXTENDS the TQ POWER BAND would be a way of saying it. The TQ increase under the curve was HUGE!

I will go out on a LIMB here and GARAUNTEE 40+ HP and a MUCH LONGER TQ CURVE with this intake on every single H/C TBSS with LTH's.

THAT RIGHT THERE SAYS IT ALL!

Jared
Sep-27-09, 09:41 PM
I need a job, and I need one of these.

SSMOKIN U
Sep-27-09, 10:30 PM
Pat, do you think the gains would be in the 20-25 HP range on a stock H/C setup??

thobart
Sep-27-09, 10:54 PM
Yes you will have to modify the mounting for the TB as it is setup for the stupid edelbrock crap TB. Yes you will have to screw with the fuel rails. If someone is really interested in putting one on I can give them the details:

Here is a pic if you have not seen it yet:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/thobart/102.jpg

Please do not ask me what it dynos I have an AWD and that is a problem around here (please do not ask why I am tired of all of the issues with Dynos)

RGV tbss
Sep-27-09, 10:57 PM
And what about just a cam, I'm geting very intrested in this intake, around how much for 1 of these and if you can find out what is needed to work on our trucks. Woul greatly appreciate it thanks.

muscleshop
Sep-27-09, 11:13 PM
Hmmm... wonder if this will work/hinder 400+ cubes? Edelbrock states 262-400...

blkscls1z
Sep-28-09, 07:54 AM
I have been seriously considering this intake. I was searching on performance trucks and came across this post. He lost power on the low end, but his truck is turbo.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=447765&highlight=pro+flo

thobart
Sep-28-09, 07:56 AM
And what about just a cam, I'm geting very intrested in this intake, around how much for 1 of these and if you can find out what is needed to work on our trucks. Woul greatly appreciate it thanks.

at West Coast Cylinder Heads. He is right up the street from Edelbrock. He sells it for pretty much the discounted price everyone else does. Dont forget you have to get the fuel rails as well.

JGraceSS
Sep-28-09, 08:15 AM
I am interested if it will show the same gains with more cubes. If so this will be one of my near future purchases!

Bad Monkey
Sep-28-09, 09:00 AM
I would love to run this, but I am runnign stock exhaust and manifolds. I am not so sure it would do me much good until I get headers installed, it might. I might try it for shits and grins later.

arn710
Sep-28-09, 10:01 AM
There is a specific part number for the LS2s. Mike and Jettstream can set you up with the right stuff

I will be running this on my truck if it ever gets done complete with their fuel rail set up. Its already at the shop

Ultimate Fighter
Sep-28-09, 11:06 AM
Thobart ...what does yours dyno ? Why are you tired of all the issues with dynos ?:rofl:

Yes you will have to modify the mounting for the TB as it is setup for the stupid edelbrock crap TB. Yes you will have to screw with the fuel rails. If someone is really interested in putting one on I can give them the details:

Please do not ask me what it dynos I have an AWD and that is a problem around here (please do not ask why I am tired of all of the issues with Dynos)

blkscls1z
Sep-28-09, 11:07 AM
7140 - Natural Aluminum Finish
71403 - Black Powdercoated Finish

lt1z
Sep-28-09, 11:20 AM
I'm waiting on the FAST truck intake.

jetttstream
Sep-28-09, 11:25 AM
7140 - Natural Aluminum Finish
71403 - Black Powdercoated Finish

3629 - fuel rail

JAY4SPEED
Sep-28-09, 12:10 PM
I'm waiting on the FAST truck intake.

:iamwithstupid:

blkscls1z
Sep-28-09, 12:36 PM
There is about a $500 price difference between these intakes. When the FAST intake comes out (Supposed to be a month or so) it would be great to see a dyno comparison of Stock vs Pro Flo vs FAST. It more than likely won't happen though.

lt1z
Sep-28-09, 01:40 PM
There is about a $500 price difference between these intakes. When the FAST intake comes out (Supposed to be a month or so) it would be great to see a dyno comparison of Stock vs Pro Flo vs FAST. It more than likely won't happen though.

I'll gladly pay the price for the FAST over the metal Edelbrock intake and will also have it ported as well.

SSMOKIN U
Sep-28-09, 11:45 PM
Are you guys serious??? FAST is making a straight bolt-on intake for our setup? No changes neccessary?

lt1z
Sep-28-09, 11:52 PM
Are you guys serious??? FAST is making a straight bolt-on intake for our setup? No changes neccessary?

Yes. The Truck intake/Racing intake (no hood clearance issues) will be out soon. It is already up on the FAST site.

LSXRT intake for cathedral port heads
Part number 146602 $1039.00

bottom of the page
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog/?action=mshop&mid=117&sid=906
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/lt1z93/LSXRT_102mm_380_320.jpg

Anointed Fighter
Sep-29-09, 05:47 AM
Pat, do you think the gains would be in the 20-25 HP range on a stock H/C setup??
FUCK YES IT WILL WORK!!!!!!! I saw it installed on a LS2 SSR with a head cam package that was a BAD COMBO. With any H/C package it will make about 40+ HP and GREATLY improve the TQ from the lower MID RANGE all the way to the REV LIMITER!

Hmmm... wonder if this will work/hinder 400+ cubes? Edelbrock states 262-400...

IF IT MAKES NICE GAINS ON STOCK CUBES.....EVERY OTHER FLOW RELATED PART THAT DOES THIS MAKES COMPOUNDED IMPROVEMENTS ON BIG MOTORS....

AS FOR THE FAST. I can see it will make great gains too. But personally I think the Edlebrock will out perform the FAST.

HERE's WHY. The small chamber and LONG INDIVIDUAL RUNNERS will make for higher velocity airflow entering the head. The intake makes all it's gains from the lower mid range up. This area is the most problematic for the GM Intake. The FAST, the way it is designed is the same HUGE OPEN PLENUM. I'm certain it will improve over the GM Intake no doubt. Until we see them on a truck back to back, my personal belief is the Edlebrock is the better of the 2 designs.

Anointed Fighter
Sep-29-09, 05:51 AM

Tony,

Did you have to CLEARANCE the firewall?

KV07SS
Sep-29-09, 07:00 AM
I posted this in one of teh other sections, it's the cheapest I've been able to find just in case people want to know.

I found this if anyone is interested:

Intake: $454.70 (free shipping)
http://www.ajusa.com/details/index/0/0/0/EDE%2071403

Fuel Rail Kit: $123.40 (free shipping)
http://www.ajusa.com/details/index/213/0/0/EDE%203629

devilsown
Sep-29-09, 07:12 AM
I have seen them cheaper than that.

speedmaster747
Sep-29-09, 07:42 AM
:coolthumb:

thobart
Sep-29-09, 08:03 AM
Tony,

Did you have to CLEARANCE the firewall?

it clears by 1/4 to 1/2 inch no problem!

iisme13
Sep-29-09, 09:37 AM
will this intake fit l92/ls3 heads, if so, i think ill buy one and see, im mildly modified,
________
D5 ENGINE (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Volvo_D5_engine)

DVelasco68
Sep-29-09, 11:26 AM
LS3 is definitely a different part number (Maybe the same for the fuel rail)...

will this intake fit l92/ls3 heads, if so, i think ill buy one and see, im mildly modified,

Warped
Sep-29-09, 11:43 AM

When you getting one, Luis? I'd like to be there for the install.

91_bowtie
Sep-29-09, 11:51 AM

direct port? :D

lt1z
Sep-29-09, 12:46 PM
AS FOR THE FAST. I can see it will make great gains too. But personally I think the Edlebrock will out perform the FAST.

HERE's WHY. The small chamber and LONG INDIVIDUAL RUNNERS will make for higher velocity airflow entering the head. The intake makes all it's gains from the lower mid range up. This area is the most problematic for the GM Intake. The FAST, the way it is designed is the same HUGE OPEN PLENUM. I'm certain it will improve over the GM Intake no doubt. Until we see them on a truck back to back, my personal belief is the Edlebrock is the better of the 2 designs.

This truck FAST is superior to the car versions but the main thing is that it is not made of metal. The Edelbrock manifold is cheap, available and will work well on the track, but in street driving where heat soak is an issue I would rather run the composite FAST manifold. I would expect power gains to be in the same range on the dyno. I think the FAST will shine on the street though and that is where the extra cost of that manifold comes into play. I'll be getting the FAST as soon as I can get my hands on one and plan to do a back to back dyno vs my ADM ported stock TBSS manifold after I tune it.

edit: Just got word my FAST should ship on 10/19!

KV07SS
Sep-29-09, 02:10 PM
I have seen them cheaper than that.

Where at? I've looked all over, but obvioulsy not enough.

This truck FAST is superior to the car versions but the main thing is that it is not made of metal. The Edelbrock manifold is cheap, available and will work well on the track, but in street driving where heat soak is an issue I would rather run the composite FAST manifold. I would expect power gains to be in the same range on the dyno. I think the FAST will shine on the street though and that is where the extra cost of that manifold comes into play. I'll be getting the FAST as soon as I can get my hands on one and plan to do a back to back dyno vs my ADM ported stock TBSS manifold after I tune it.

I can't wait to see this.

speedmaster747
Sep-29-09, 02:46 PM
When you getting one, Luis? I'd like to be there for the install.

Send me the money through paypal! and I will install it ASAP, I will even get some bikini chicks so you can take some pictures! :bum:

lt1z
Sep-29-09, 04:20 PM
I can't wait to see this.

I'm looking forward to getting it on an tuned. At this point the intake manifold is definitely the weak link in my setup.

nonova0074
Sep-29-09, 04:36 PM
What kinda custom fule lines need to be made to make the set-up work? It would b e nice to have a install kit

lt1z
Sep-29-09, 05:45 PM
For the Edelbrock you need a fuel rail kit. The fast is designed to use the stock fuel rails.

nonova0074
Sep-29-09, 05:53 PM
I said lines I know you need the rails. It just dosent drop it

1GMfanatik
Sep-29-09, 06:03 PM
I said lines I know you need the rails. It just dosent drop it

Why do you have to reply like a dick all the time??

nonova0074
Sep-29-09, 06:36 PM
Cause I can, i meant to say it dosent drop in. And I dont care what people think of me take me how I am or :biteme: JUst let me be I dont feel like arguing on this thread I would like to know more info about the intake.

BlkSSon22s
Sep-29-09, 06:37 PM
Why do you have to reply like a dick all the time??

Why do you feel the need to reply to something that is not a concern of yours?:fist:

BlKGraniteSS
Sep-29-09, 06:42 PM
Oh o...Jersey boys are going at it.....sounds like someone's getting cement shoes...lol

back to topic....I figure both intakes should work well with the procharger set up?

1GMfanatik
Sep-29-09, 06:50 PM
Cause I can, i meant to say it dosent drop in. And I dont care what people think of me take me how I am or :biteme: JUst let me be I dont feel like arguing on this thread I would like to know more info about the intake.

I knew what you meant, I had my secret decoder ring on.. It's just a shame you feel the need to act like a tough guy all the time instead of just being curteous. He answered your question, just because it wasn't answered the way YOU wanted it, does not give you the right to answer like an ass. Ahh well, you are a young buck, guess responses like that are to be expected.

Why do you feel the need to reply to something that is not a concern of yours?:fist:

Oh look, it's the girlfriend to the rescue. Why do YOU feel the need to add YOUR 2 cents?? I'm done.. Unlike ya'lls site, this one isn't going down thanks to young buck retards...

Sorry guys, didn't mean to thread jack, just tired of all the petty high school BS that some youngins bring out. I had a weak moment and fed into it.. I'm done venting. LMAO! BAD ASS intake by the way, hoping to use it for my particular build as well....

nonova0074
Sep-29-09, 06:51 PM
Well a&a has it on thier procharger set up so the edelbrock works on thier set up. And its only us north jersey guys you have to worry about. South Jersey is full of :jackoff: And our site isnt going down asshole. Im not a young buck dont you still live at home. I actually have my own house so bite me. And John isnt my girlfriend, hes a great friend of mine. Why dont you go down to tune time and spin around on matts dick. ANd stop stealing tommys words calling me a young buck. And did you get a job yet you fucking bum

lt1z
Sep-29-09, 06:55 PM
I would think both would work well with a FI set up

1GMfanatik
Sep-29-09, 07:08 PM
Well a&a has it on thier procharger set up so the edelbrock works on thier set up. And its only us north jersey guys you have to worry about. South Jersey is full of :jackoff: And our site isnt going down asshole. Im not a young buck dont you still live at home. I actually have my own house so bite me. And John isnt my girlfriend, hes a great friend of mine. Why dont you go down to tune time and spin around on matts dick. ANd stop stealing tommys words calling me a young buck. And did you get a job yet you fucking bum

LMFAO!! Ummm.. I'm 30yrs young, engaged, have a bangin condo AND a job that pays quite well thank you. :bum:

Hahaha.. I have no need to spin on Matt's tallywacker, he's not having issues keeping his business afloat thanks to his wealth of knowledge in the performance market. That and I have a stunning woman to take care of any needs I may have, not that it's any of your business. Things I have seen and know would make you blush sweety pie. :jackoff:

1GMfanatik
Sep-29-09, 07:09 PM

I have to agree, if space will allow. Removing ANY air flow restrictions would be greatly beneficial.

BlkSSon22s
Sep-29-09, 07:49 PM
Oh look, it's the girlfriend to the rescue. Why do YOU feel the need to add YOUR 2 cents?? I'm done.. Unlike ya'lls site, this one isn't going down thanks to young buck retards...

Sorry guys, didn't mean to thread jack, just tired of all the petty high school BS that some youngins bring out. I had a weak moment and fed into it.. I'm done venting. LMAO! BAD ASS intake by the way, hoping to use it for my particular build as well....

Oh yeah its robs g.f to the rescue!. Look your the prick who posted looking to start shit, lets not turn this 360 degrees. "ya'll" your from jersey buddy not Tennessee. Sounds like your a little hostile towards, oh i dunno, people that are younger then you and are able to own better items. Little hate there I guess huh? So go take your blown trans and motor and stick it up your ass, we all know your lubed and ready to go.

You say your done venting..we'll see...

Anointed Fighter
Sep-29-09, 07:51 PM

GD, you are the best hot rod parts SLEUTH!

I can't wait brother......

The metal to composite is HUGE in daily driving, you're cruising then that one chance to bust that GT500 comes along......

I feel they will both make fantastic options.....

Dillusion
Sep-29-09, 07:56 PM
How about all you Jersery guys STFU?

I have a house in Hawaii and I also got NorCal's bridge to Hawaii for sale too. :)

I want to see how both do on a stock engine. Maybe I can mod the wifes.

BlkSSon22s
Sep-29-09, 08:00 PM
How about all you Jersery guys STFU?

I have a house in Hawaii and I also got NorCal's bridge to Hawaii for sale too. :)

I want to see how both do on a stock engine. Maybe I can mod the wifes.

Screw that, I got ocean front property in idaho.

Reading all the info on the edlebrock, it just seems to me that it would be the winner on a stock engine, modded might be different story though.

blkscls1z
Sep-29-09, 08:00 PM
No custom lines needed.

What kinda custom fule lines need to be made to make the set-up work? It would b e nice to have a install kit

Fixed...

And John isnt my girlfriend, hes a great friend of mine with benefits

NORCAL SS
Sep-29-09, 08:03 PM
sidenote the fast intake fits out truck no prob?

nonova0074
Sep-29-09, 08:05 PM
THANKS for changing my post. But you dont need and thing made you can connect the factory lines up to the new rails??

1GMfanatik
Sep-29-09, 08:12 PM
no custom lines needed.

Fixed...

lmfao!

lt1z
Sep-29-09, 08:58 PM
GD, you are the best hot rod parts SLEUTH!

I can't wait brother......

The metal to composite is HUGE in daily driving, you're cruising then that one chance to bust that GT500 comes along......

I feel they will both make fantastic options.....

You know it brother. I'll keep the board posted.

lt1z
Sep-29-09, 08:59 PM
sidenote the fast intake fits out truck no prob?

I will find out this month Tony...but it is supposed to.

Saladbar
Sep-29-09, 09:09 PM
I'm interested to know as well... That will probably be my last mod.

lt1z
Sep-29-09, 09:14 PM
I'm interested to know as well... That will probably be my last mod.

You are in the same position as me. There isn't much left to do besides a stroker or power adders.

Michael Halo
Sep-29-09, 09:51 PM
Fast looks good and so does the pro over a grand for sure at the end of the day...

thobart
Sep-29-09, 09:54 PM

but my AIT's are really no different then when I had a plastic intake.

lt1z
Sep-29-09, 10:01 PM
but my AIT's are really no different then when I had a plastic intake.

Things are different without meth. If you spray in front of the IAT sensor....of course the intake manifold behind the sensor isn't going to effect those readings.

Anointed Fighter
Sep-30-09, 05:59 AM
To me the FAST looks very very similar to the 6.1 HEMI Intake. Saw a 5.7 HEMI on the dyno yesterday and GD those engines are ALL TQ....A new Charger R/T with the 5.7 ended at 355TQ with a Magnaflow catback and a tiny bit of AFR and Timing tweaking!

I'm sure the FAST stands to benefit a great bit by PORTING and SMOOTHING of the inner surfaces!

speedmaster747
Sep-30-09, 08:03 AM
Agreed It looks a lot like the SRT intake manifold!

arn710
Sep-30-09, 09:52 AM

I would lean more towards the Edelbrock only because FAST manifolds have been known to come apart under boost and nitrous. I know its not common and may have been corrected, but its worth considering

The price point of the Edelbrock is better for FI too. Spending the extra money on more boost or meth injection would provide more gains than the difference in these manifolds will show

How big is the opening on that truck FAST? 92mm? 102mm?

lt1z
Sep-30-09, 10:49 AM
The fast has a 102mm opening and can use 90,92 or 102mm TBs.

The Fast will definitely benefit from porting. Actually mine is going straight to Tony Mamo for some work as soon as I get it.:biggrin2:

Designed specifically for GM 4.8/5.3/6.0L cathedral port truck engines and cathedral port LS1, -2, -6 race applications where hood clearance is not a concern, the FAST™ LSXRT™102mm Intake Manifold follows the path chartered by the original FAST™ LSX™ Gen III Intake by featuring a modular design that allows for easy porting and disassembly and a runner design that yields an incredible 25 peak horsepower gain over the stock intake, on a stock 6.0L engine with a Big Mouth 102mm Throttle Body™. And similar to the LSXR™ 102mm Intake Manifold for cars, the LSXRT™ features the ability to remove individual runners for modification.

The LSXRT™ is constructed from a proprietary precision injection molded polymer which offers many benefits, including lighter weight, greater strength and lower heat soak propensity. While it features a 102mm air inlet that was designed for the FAST™ Big Mouth 102mm Throttle Body™, it can also be used with stock 90mm or aftermarket 92mm throttle bodies (78mm three-bolt throttle bodies require an adapter). Other features include integrated nitrous bungs and precise bolt-on fit that permits the use of factory accessories and OEM fuel/emission connections without adjustments or clearance issues. Some GM truck models may require the FAST™ 92mm or 102mm throttle body.

supersly_jones
Sep-30-09, 12:10 PM
that much hp increase for less then 500 bucks? why not buy this haha

thobart
Sep-30-09, 12:40 PM
its going to be 500 plus the rails plus the fuel lines and connectors. Figure at least 750 by the time you are all done or so!

lt1z
Sep-30-09, 12:44 PM
its going to be 500 plus the rails plus the fuel lines and connectors. Figure at least 750 by the time you are all done or so!

Correct Edelbrock setup will be about $750 and the FAST setup is about $1K

speedmaster747
Sep-30-09, 01:00 PM
Can the Fast Intake use the factory fuel rails and injectors ???

lt1z
Sep-30-09, 01:10 PM
Can the Fast Intake use the factory fuel rails and injectors ???That is what I have been told. Ill let you guys know if any mods need to be done.

Mflow2
Sep-30-09, 03:15 PM
Edelbrock is out for me due to the rectangle port heads i have...I think the FAST can be done for the rectangle guys.

SSMOKIN U
Sep-30-09, 04:18 PM
Matt.....are you going to use your stock 90mm TB on the FAST intake??

lt1z
Sep-30-09, 05:06 PM
Matt.....are you going to use your stock 90mm TB on the FAST intake??

Yes I will use the factory 90mm TB. Mine has been ported though. There is alot of material to take out of the stock TB.

speedmaster747
Oct-01-09, 07:07 AM
This is going to be interesting!

NORCAL SS
Oct-01-09, 09:58 AM
anyone have a link to the fast intake?

lt1z
Oct-01-09, 10:14 AM
Its on the home page on the fast site. Gonna dump the tvs and go N/A?

speedmaster747
Oct-01-09, 10:27 AM
Here you go Tony!

http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=FS&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=146602

http://www.fuelairspark.com/Images/image/FAST/Products/ManifoldsThrottleBodies/LSXRT_102mm_380_320.jpg

Designed specifically for GM 4.8/5.3/6.0L cathedral port truck engines and cathedral port LS1, -2, -6 race applications where hood clearance is not a concern, the FAST™ LSXRT™102mm Intake Manifold follows the path chartered by the original FAST™ LSX™ Gen III Intake by featuring a modular design that allows for easy porting and disassembly and a runner design that yields an incredible 25 peak horsepower gain over the stock intake, on a stock 6.0L engine with a Big Mouth 102mm Throttle Body™. And similar to the LSXR™ 102mm Intake Manifold for cars, the LSXRT™ features the ability to remove individual runners for modification.

The LSXRT™ is constructed from a proprietary precision injection molded polymer which offers many benefits, including lighter weight, greater strength and lower heat soak propensity. While it features a 102mm air inlet that was designed for the FAST™ Big Mouth 102mm Throttle Body™, it can also be used with stock 90mm or aftermarket 92mm throttle bodies (78mm three-bolt throttle bodies require an adapter). Other features include integrated nitrous bungs and precise bolt-on fit that permits the use of factory accessories and OEM fuel/emission connections without adjustments or clearance issues. Some GM truck models may require the FAST™ 92mm or 102mm throttle body.

NORCAL SS
Oct-01-09, 11:07 AM
if i keep stefs truck (which seems like it since dually thing needs to get smogged starting 2010) im getting this.

lt1z
Oct-01-09, 11:31 AM
You have to smog your silver tbss in 2011 and blk in 2012.

WICKEDOWESIX
Oct-01-09, 12:06 PM
Here you go Tony!

http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=FS&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=146602

http://www.fuelairspark.com/Images/image/FAST/Products/ManifoldsThrottleBodies/LSXRT_102mm_380_320.jpg

Now thats a bad ass intake! Too bad im short 1K :mad:

NORCAL SS
Oct-01-09, 12:33 PM
every 6 years 2012 and 2013 on black one

lt1z
Oct-01-09, 01:12 PM
every 6 years 2012 and 2013 on black one

You are off by a year... 6 years includes the model year...not from the model year forward.

ssbullitt
Oct-01-09, 01:49 PM
if i keep stefs truck (which seems like it since dually thing needs to get smogged starting 2010) im getting this.

i thought only new diesels had to worry about it? either way i cant imagine it would be too much work to get it to pass. weren't you going to stay pretty mild with the mods.... stock intake back on and load stock tune, you're good to go.

SSilveronyxx
Oct-01-09, 03:04 PM
http://fuelairspark.com/2/FS/Intake/Default.aspx
25 HP?

What 6.0L motor were they using and is that flywheel HP or RW HP? I'm guessing it was an iron block LQ engine as it's NOT making anywhere near 400HP for a baseline. Then it must be an engine dyno, so you have to wonder if it has any accessories or exhaust and what tuning was done?

Is it worth the gains that start at 4k RPMs?

What type of HP gains do you get with a stock size TB? Gotta be way less than 25HP

What kind of tuning will be necessary for a 102mm TB to keep it from being jumpy on the throttle?

I'm thinking the Edelbrock will stomp this in our stock TBSS H/C form. It's already looking good when you compare the bang for the buck template.

SSilveronyxx
Oct-01-09, 03:41 PM
Of course I did just realize that the Edelbrock comparison is against an LS6 intake (78mm inlet).~TTT

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/efi/efi_chevy-ls.shtml

lt1z
Oct-01-09, 04:06 PM
Neither one will have great gains on a stock H/C TBSS since we already have a 90mm manifold. Once you add H/C to the equation the stock manifold (ported or not) becomes a restriction and power gains of 30=HP are not uncommon with a FAST. With a 102mm TB you need to adjust the tune of course, ETC scalar and FMC and startup airflow. I plan to run mine with my ported stock 90mm TB at first since I don't feel like spending more $$ or a NW 102 DBW TB...and I'm not sure it is necessary on a 364. If I had a 427 I would get a 102mm for sure.

JAY4SPEED
Oct-01-09, 06:33 PM
I didn't see where FAST had drive by wire 102mm throttle bodies. The ones I saw listed on the site were cable operated. Unless I missed it :dunno:

arn710
Oct-02-09, 08:21 AM
I didn't see where FAST had drive by wire 102mm throttle bodies. The ones I saw listed on the site were cable operated. Unless I missed it :dunno:

NW makes a drive by wire 102

ltdakheel
Oct-02-09, 11:40 AM

yes plz i can do this after one month i need all parts to replace i can see the fuel rails from pic .,, can you make a list , because i live in kuwait so far from usa , i want to order everything at one time

lt1z
Oct-02-09, 12:09 PM

Nick Williams does FAST doesn't

Alvin
Oct-02-09, 01:44 PM
Too bad they don't have a LS3 port style intake in the works. Edelbrock doesn't have one either. And I wonder how these will compare to Cory's intakes. His intake picked up the entire way across the board.

IF anyone needs a NW 90/92/100mm let me know. We have an account with them and am good friends with Nick.

DVelasco68
Oct-02-09, 01:55 PM
Are you ever going to start porting stock throttle bodies??? You had mentioned it a while back....

Too bad they don't have a LS3 port style intake in the works. Edelbrock doesn't have one either. And I wonder how these will compare to Cory's intakes. His intake picked up the entire way across the board.

IF anyone needs a NW 90/92/100mm let me know. We have an account with them and am good friends with Nick.

JAY4SPEED
Oct-02-09, 03:17 PM
NW makes a drive by wire 102

Nick Williams does FAST doesn't

Thanks for the info guys.:cheers1:

SSMOKIN U
Oct-02-09, 03:44 PM
Just keep us updated guys....I would like to see this FAST intake installed and know what is necessary if there are any other pieces needed. Also, the Edelbrock guys...I would like to see the numbers for this on a stock H/C setup.

WICKEDOWESIX
Oct-02-09, 03:53 PM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s69/2006silveradoss/lsxrt3.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s69/2006silveradoss/lsxrt1.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s69/2006silveradoss/lsxrt2.jpg

SSilveronyxx
Oct-02-09, 05:58 PM
Well looka what YOU got for an early Christmas! :kewlpics:

speedmaster747
Oct-03-09, 07:20 AM
That thing looks killer! :coolthumb:
And it comes set up for Direct Port!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I know what I'm getting for Christmas :burp:

DBRods
Oct-09-09, 11:01 AM
Looks like the FAST falls on its face too after 5800rpms, just like the stock car/truck intakes. Thats the biggest problem I'm having right now. Im running a 232/242 cam and shifting at 7k. If you go to this link and watch the vid the Edelbrock pulls all the way to 7k and doesn't even think about falling off. Pause it at 1:17 and you can see the graph nicely...They are comparing it to the LS6 intake. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/efi/efi_chevy-ls.shtml
Here are some hard data on various intakes...very informative...
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/turboberserker/manihpcompgraf.png
and here is the link to all graphs and flow charts
http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397720
Plus the LS6 intake with the 78mm actually out flows the TBSS 90mm. Sad huh!!

DBRods
Oct-09-09, 11:13 AM
I think I will be ordering a Proflow today, just gotta find someone with a powdercoated one in stock. I will do dyno numbers before and after too. Im currently using the TBSS intake with a Edelbrock 90mm TB

DBTBSS
Oct-09-09, 11:18 AM
^^^ This is on my old tbss's stock bottom end motor... and has run 10 sec passes with the lights out. Does this mean it's the first TBSS motor on a stock block in the 10's?

lt1z
Oct-09-09, 11:18 AM
They have been using the fast truck intake on the daytona prototype cars which are shifting well above 7K

DBRods
Oct-09-09, 11:29 AM
Here is a link to the graph from the FAST....looks like it dies off to me
http://fuelairspark.com/Images/image/FAST/Products/ManifoldsThrottleBodies/LSXRT_Dyno_Chart_150.jpg

And from looking at the above pic it looks like it has long runners similiar to the stock designs that nose dive around 6k. I think I will stick with the Edelbrock.

lt1z
Oct-09-09, 12:19 PM
Doesn't look like it to me. The graph only shows to 6200 rpm and they don't give the cam specs used on the test with heads. My guess is that it is a truck cam being tested on an LQ9. I'm going with the FAST but I don't rev over 6600 and wouldn't want to. Its a truck. Your cam looks a little large on both duration and split...though doesn't mention what heads you are running...but seems that you were able to get some good times out of a small cam. :biggrin2:

DBRods
Oct-09-09, 01:32 PM
Im running the 799 heads that are worked pretty good. The small cam I had was a 228/230 595/588 on a 112lsa. I ran good, but nothing like the new cam. You can definatley feel the TBSS intake dying on the top end. Who says a truck doesnt like living in the 6-7k range..:biggrin2: I ordered the Edelbrock a few minutes ago, should be here tuesday. I will do some dyno pull from before and after. Plus it will get ported to match my heads.

lt1z
Oct-09-09, 01:45 PM
Im running the 799 heads that are worked pretty good. The small cam I had was a 228/230 595/588 on a 112lsa. I ran good, but nothing like the new cam. You can definatley feel the TBSS intake dying on the top end. Who says a truck doesnt like living in the 6-7k range..:biggrin2: I ordered the Edelbrock a few minutes ago, should be here tuesday. I will do some dyno pull from before and after. Plus it will get ported to match my heads.

I have my Fast on order already and I am running AFRs with a ported tbss intake currently with a smallish cam. I have seen trucks get slower in the 1/4 even though their peak numbers are up with that Edelbrock manifold..but it make work out well for your combo. :cheers1:

Eric@VictoryRacing
Oct-19-09, 08:58 AM
both intakes are nice but i think the FAST is going to end up on top

WICKEDOWESIX
Oct-19-09, 09:19 AM
both intakes are nice but i think the FAST is going to end up on top

:iamwithstupid:

kelly
Oct-19-09, 09:55 AM
We've got one on order, should have some dyno results here in a few weeks. :)

Alvin
Oct-19-09, 10:09 AM
The one we are testing will be going up against a ported intake from Cory. Both intakes will be for sale shortly after as we are swaping to a LS3/L92 ported head with retangular port.

lt1z
Oct-19-09, 11:49 AM
The one we are testing will be going up against a ported intake from Cory. Both intakes will be for sale shortly after as we are swaping to a LS3/L92 ported head with retangular port.

So are you testing an Edelbrock or a FAST. My FAST is supposed to ship out today. :biggrin2:

Alvin
Oct-19-09, 12:12 PM
FAST. like I said before it wil lbe for sale shortly after that.

lt1z
Oct-19-09, 12:31 PM

Nice. Testing it with the Attitude cam and stock heads? I'm hoping to have mine on and tuned by month's end, but I'm going to do some work to it before the install. I assume you will be testing it "out of the box" vs. the frankenstein.?

ltdakheel
Oct-19-09, 01:15 PM
i had called them today and they said will release it mid November and some guys already have it , confusing ???

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42714

Mflow2
Oct-19-09, 03:35 PM

Good. Then you can buy the FAST truck intake for rectangular port heads (which I heard is due out next year) and sell that one to me when you're done...:biggrin2: Any word when the Pro Flow is coming out for L92 trucks??

Jeff1842
Oct-19-09, 04:11 PM
Any suggestions as to where I should get my intake ported at?? I will either be doing my stock intake or getting the fast and getting that ported. Ive heard you guys mention a guy named Cory but his website says he is outta business?? I wanna do all this at once;

- cam with springs, push rods, ect
- headers
- Built trans and converter
- ported stock intake / fast intake ported
- ported throttle body???

speedmaster747
Oct-19-09, 04:17 PM

Let me know!
Im in for this one!!!

Drumguy999
Oct-19-09, 04:18 PM
Im curious to see these results

speedmaster747
Oct-20-09, 06:28 AM
:popcorn3:

ltdakheel
Oct-20-09, 06:50 AM
where did you bought the LSXRT 102 mm can you give a site??

i call fast the told will release it mid November

speedmaster747
Oct-20-09, 10:48 AM
Summit has it on their site!

lt1z
Oct-20-09, 10:51 AM
I got mine from Thunder Racing. Shipped out to me this morning. Summit will ship mid november and costs $60 more.

ltdakheel
Oct-20-09, 12:40 PM
I got mine from Thunder Racing. Shipped out to me this morning. Summit will ship mid november and costs $60 more.

how long it took them to shipped out ??

lt1z
Oct-20-09, 12:50 PM
how long it took them to shipped out ??

They just received the very first batch from FAST today and shipped it out. They got theirs quickly because they are only 1 day shipping away from memphis where FAST is located. I should have it in my hands early next week. Not sure how fast they could ship it to your location as I'm pretty sure all of the the first batch they receive have been taken to fill pre-orders like mine.

Summit and Speed Inc also list the part FWIW

arn710
Oct-20-09, 01:24 PM
Just thinking out loud for the rectangle port head guys here:

The 102mm LSXR intake is out and that fits the LS7 and LS3 heads. The new truck manifold is out for cathedral port heads. Any chance you could interchange the lower part of the intake to get the truck upped half mounted on the rectangle port lower half?

Those FAST intakes come apart pretty easy for porting and what not. Might be worth looking into

lt1z
Oct-20-09, 02:33 PM
Just thinking out loud for the rectangle port head guys here:

The 102mm LSXR intake is out and that fits the LS7 and LS3 heads. The new truck manifold is out for cathedral port heads. Any chance you could interchange the lower part of the intake to get the truck upped half mounted on the rectangle port lower half?

Those FAST intakes come apart pretty easy for porting and what not. Might be worth looking into

I'll know more when I have it in my hands but I'm going to guess the car lower will not bolt up to the truck upper. However it would seem easy enough for them to make a LS3/L92 lower to use with it as a different part number. I think they just did the cathedral first because there are millions of 4.8/5.3/6.0 cathedral port truck motors out there.

devilsgrin
Oct-20-09, 04:15 PM
I can not wait to see how this works out. I have Corys intake and would like to see how it stacks up agains the Fast!

Jack

cliff06tbss
Oct-20-09, 04:33 PM
How much is everyone paying for the FAST?? Who has the best price??

DBTBSS
Oct-20-09, 04:50 PM
Do Not Spray the happy gas with the Pro Flo intake... otherwise, yes everything stated by the OP Pat is true. It's a nice bolt on if you plan on staying N/A or boosted... NOT N20!!!!

lt1z
Oct-20-09, 05:28 PM
How much is everyone paying for the FAST?? Who has the best price??

Best price I have seen is $1029.00 at Speed Inc.

lt1z
Oct-20-09, 05:29 PM
Do Not Spray the happy gas with the Pro Flo intake... otherwise, yes everything stated by the OP Pat is true. It's a nice bolt on if you plan on staying N/A or boosted... NOT N20!!!!

Please explain

DBTBSS
Oct-20-09, 05:35 PM
Please explain

You are a LT1 guy I take it? Most of the LT1 guys back in the day were having issues with backfires because of velocity in the lower RPMs which was not allowing proper mixture through out every cylinder... same case here. Needless to say the intake and N20 don't mix lol... trust me!

lt1z
Oct-20-09, 05:51 PM
You are a LT1 guy I take it? Most of the LT1 guys back in the day were having issues with backfires because of lack of velocity in the lower RPMs which was not allowing proper mixture through out every cylinder... same case here. Needless to say the intake and N20 don't mix lol... trust me!

Hahah...I know exactly what you mean from my LT1 days. I blew my CAI off the TB more than once back then

JAY4SPEED
Oct-20-09, 06:37 PM
You are a LT1 guy I take it? Most of the LT1 guys back in the day were having issues with backfires because of lack of velocity in the lower RPMs which was not allowing proper mixture through out every cylinder... same case here. Needless to say the intake and N20 don't mix lol... trust me!

Direct port will solve this, no?

DBTBSS
Oct-20-09, 07:36 PM
Direct port will solve this, no?

I would think it would help but to how big of a shot it could take... I dunno and don't wanna be the guinea pig on that one lol

Alvin
Oct-20-09, 09:16 PM
Give us a call and we can get a fast ordered for you guys. We should be able to beat summits price

ltdakheel
Oct-21-09, 02:48 AM
Best price I have seen is $1029.00 at Speed Inc.

996 $ at summitracing.com

Warped
Oct-21-09, 04:56 AM
that's crazy for a piece of plastic

lt1z
Oct-21-09, 10:30 AM
996 $ at summitracing.com

Nope.....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-146602/

WICKEDOWESIX
Oct-21-09, 11:08 AM
that's crazy for a piece of plastic

It's not plastic.. "The LSXRT is constructed from a proprietary precision injection molded polymer which offers many benefits, including lighter weight, greater strength and lower heat soak propensity"..... :biggrin2:

TheKorean
Oct-21-09, 11:26 AM
Sounds like a 2 liter bottle if you ask me :dunno:

lt1z
Oct-21-09, 11:55 AM
It is only worth it for someone trying to squeeze the last bit of power out of their combo. If I can gain 20 rwhp/tq from where I am at now it will be money well spent since there is no where left for me to go except larger cubes or power adders.:2cents:

JAY4SPEED
Oct-21-09, 12:03 PM
It is only worth it for someone trying to squeeze the last bit of power out of their combo. If I can gain 20 rwhp/tq from where I am at now it will be money well spent since there is no where left for me to go except larger cubes or power adders.:2cents:

Thats when this intake is really going to be a benefit. :coolthumb:

I wish I had the cash, I'd drive the 45 mins up to Thunder and pick one up.

lt1z
Oct-21-09, 12:05 PM
Thats when this intake is really going to be a benefit. :coolthumb:

I wish I had the cash, I'd drive the 45 mins up to Thunder and pick one up.

True. Given that I have ported AFRs and a decent size cam on my 364 I hope to see some good numbers...though I probably won't dyno again. I will just street tune it and hit the track :cheers1:

JAY4SPEED
Oct-21-09, 12:23 PM
True. Given that I have ported AFRs and a decent size cam on my 364 I hope to see some good numbers...though I probably won't dyno again. I will just street tune it and hit the track :cheers1:

LoL.... someone once told me, "Dyno numbers are for bragging, ET's are for respect"

Matt hook us up with a review once you have it in your hands :coolthumb:

lt1z
Oct-21-09, 12:30 PM
I will. I plan to do some minor porting and clean up work when it gets here so I'll try and get some good pics of the inside etc..

Drumguy999
Oct-22-09, 01:26 PM
Can someone explain to me a little more why the edelbrock intake would be so bad to run with nitrous?? :dunno:

lt1z
Oct-22-09, 01:46 PM
Can someone explain to me a little more why the edelbrock intake would be so bad to run with nitrous?? :dunno:

With a plate kit behind the TB the lack of velocity in the intake can cause fuel puddling which can cause nitrous backfires/explosions which are bad. If you want to use that intake with nitrous set it up with a DP system. If you want to run with a plate kit stick with the stock intake or a FAST. Similar to LT1/4 intakes from what I understand.

Drumguy999
Oct-22-09, 02:18 PM
So I'm currently running a plate kit, I MAY go direct port someday. The edelbrock would be a BAD choice for me then? Dammit i really didnt want to spend all the money for the fast intake lol

speedmaster747
Oct-22-09, 02:37 PM
Here's some info on the stock intake manifold ----- http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35538

RFMSS
Oct-22-09, 03:01 PM
Tony after you dyno the fast intake manifold will you offer an upsated flash to your tunes to run this intake

RFMSS
Oct-22-09, 03:17 PM
Sorry I meant to say Alvin but my phone won't let me edit my post

Alvin
Oct-22-09, 03:35 PM
Yep if it needs it.. Thats one reason why we like to try out all the popular products and why my trucks had something like 10 cams in it by now.

RFMSS
Oct-22-09, 03:45 PM
Sweet can't wait to here the results

Mflow2
Oct-24-09, 08:58 PM

I couldn't agree with you more Matt as I'm in the same boat and plan on putting a FAST on as soon as they make one for the rectangular port heads for trucks which from what I hear is January of next year. It also looks WAY better than the Frankenstein L92 intake I have on there now. Keep us posted as you progress.

pharmd
Oct-28-09, 08:57 AM
So to clarify, the FAST truck in take (LSXRTVXYZ or whatever) is a DIRECT bolt-in, no modifications needed (fuel rails etc)...what is the best price on it you guys have seen?

The edlebrock proflow, you need intake AND fuel rails...correct? What is the best price you guys have seen on that?

I'd like to see an ACTUAL comparison of prices on this. I know one would think the polymer would result in LESS heatsoak issues, but do you guys think its gonna make "THAT" much difference...

I'm not gonna spray and am planning FI in the future (just not sure whether it would be turbo, or TVS), so not really wanting to drop a ton of $$ into an intake, only to sell it in a year or so.

lt1z
Oct-28-09, 11:46 AM
So to clarify, the FAST truck in take (LSXRTVXYZ or whatever) is a DIRECT bolt-in, no modifications needed (fuel rails etc)...what is the best price on it you guys have seen?

The edlebrock proflow, you need intake AND fuel rails...correct? What is the best price you guys have seen on that?

I'd like to see an ACTUAL comparison of prices on this. I know one would think the polymer would result in LESS heatsoak issues, but do you guys think its gonna make "THAT" much difference...

I'm not gonna spray and am planning FI in the future (just not sure whether it would be turbo, or TVS), so not really wanting to drop a ton of $$ into an intake, only to sell it in a year or so.

The FAST is not supposed to need modification to fit, but I will let you guys know when I install mine next week for sure. Best price I have seen is 1025.00 at Speed Inc. Both Summit and Jegs are around 1100.00

The Edelbrock needs fuel rails and fittings and the total cost is around $750 for everything. I would do the FAST and if you decide to go with a TVS down the road you could sell it to recover some of the cost.

arn710
Oct-28-09, 01:06 PM
Don't FAST manifolds usually require that you use their fuel rail kit or at least use an adapter of some sort?

If it were me and FAST offered a fuel rail kit with this manifold, I would buy it

DBTBSS
Oct-28-09, 01:51 PM

Here is the lowest price on the pro flo you will find... still need rails tho.

http://www.ajusa.com/details/index/398/0/0/EDE+7139

lt1z
Oct-28-09, 02:54 PM
This Fast does not require buying new rails according to them.

thobart
Oct-28-09, 03:42 PM

for the STS kit for sure. The Edelbrock does (I have it on now). You will pay about 800.00 or so all day for the Edelbrock with all of the fuelrails and fuelline parts. The heat soak has been pretty much the same as stock manifold (at least my AIT's have not changed) when not running meth.

pharmd
Oct-28-09, 07:37 PM
for the STS kit for sure. The Edelbrock does (I have it on now). You will pay about 800.00 or so all day for the Edelbrock with all of the fuelrails and fuelline parts. The heat soak has been pretty much the same as stock manifold (at least my AIT's have not changed) when not running meth.

Any dyno #'s or "quantified power difference" over stock?

What part's (part#'s if you got em') did you have to buy in addition to the intake...

Tough call IMHO, the Edelbrock really looks better IMHO, and since there are no dyno's yet, no one really knows which one makes the most power...all speculation at this point...to make matters worse, my motor is larger than stock cubes, so yet another variable to factor in.

lt1z
Oct-28-09, 08:28 PM

What part's (part#'s if you got em') did you have to buy in addition to the intake...

Tough call IMHO, the Edelbrock really looks better IMHO, and since there are no dyno's yet, no one really knows which one makes the most power...all speculation at this point...to make matters worse, my motor is larger than stock cubes, so yet another variable to factor in.

Either manifold will be an improvement over stock so long as you are not spraying it (in the case of the Edelbrock). I will do a write up on the FAST but probably won't dyno it.

pharmd
Oct-28-09, 08:45 PM
Either manifold will be an improvement over stock so long as you are not spraying it (in the case of the Edelbrock). I will do a write up on the FAST but probably won't dyno it.

How soon until you have yours and get it installed?

DBRods
Oct-28-09, 09:11 PM
Well i don't have dyno numbers but there was a small gain in midrange power and a huge increase in top end power. My truck used to fall off around 6300ish rpms and with the Edelbrock it pulled to over 7krmps. It was a night and day difference up top. The motor in my truck was out of DBTBSS's 08 TBSS. I had P&P 799s and a 232/242 cam. The Edelbrock did loose quite a bit of low end torque. Definately worth it in my opinion if you are staying NA. DO NOT SPRAY THE EDELBROCK INTAKE. :dunno:

thobart
Oct-28-09, 10:06 PM

just not for the app I have it in. I have no idea of the numbers nor do I care at this point. It is such a pain the ass to dyno my truck that I just gave up!

lt1z
Oct-29-09, 01:41 AM
How soon until you have yours and get it installed?

It shipped out from TN this week. Should be here early next week and I plan to install it later in that week after I clean up some of the runners.

Alvin
Oct-29-09, 05:45 AM
Fast put the truck manifolds on hold they mentioned the fuel rail it needed some modifying. The way they told us sounds like you need their rails for the intake o. This truck

KV07SS
Oct-29-09, 06:16 AM
Here is the lowest price on the pro flo you will find... still need rails tho.

http://www.ajusa.com/details/index/398/0/0/EDE+7139

From what I heard we are suppose to use the 7140 instead of 7139. That site has them as well and it's the lowest I've seen too.

lt1z
Oct-29-09, 11:28 AM
Fast put the truck manifolds on hold they mentioned the fuel rail it needed some modifying. The way they told us sounds like you need their rails for the intake o. This truck

So they said the tbss rails need modification but the LQ9 rails dont? Interesting... Ill get it on one way or another.

ls2ftw
Dec-07-09, 02:40 PM
at what point along the stock fuel feed line is fuel pulled for plumbing aftermarket ful rails? my intake will be here this week i need to figure out how to get fuel to this thing.
thanks

lt1z
Dec-07-09, 05:39 PM
I know FAST has an adapter fitting that goes from 3/8" push connect (OEM) to -6 for the rails

ls2ftw
Dec-07-09, 06:20 PM
I know FAST has an adapter fitting that goes from 3/8" push connect (OEM) to -6 for the rails

i planned on doing that aeromotive makes one as well, about 38 bucks. maybe i overlooked it but wheres the push to connect at? by the firewall?

ls2ftw
Dec-22-09, 03:25 PM
got the swap done, much thanks to thobart for the help. great guy