Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Finally happened

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  scott750 
#1 ·
Transmission finally gave up, 161K on the clock. I already know Sonnax kit and Circle D converter, which i already ordered. The one question i keep trying to find and answer for is to which servo to use. The stock one is firm, Vette is slightly larger and then the Sonnax servo is bigger. But is it too harsh for daily driving? Read somewhere that someone used the sonnax servo with the vette spring to soften the shift but keep the holding pressure.

#2 ·
Just use the Corvette Servo and follow the directions for the sonnax shift kit. Not sure what your knowledge of Transmissions is however you're probably going to want to look closely at the pressure regulator valve in the pump the isolator and regulator valve for the TCC in the valve body and also the AFL for in the valve body. All of these areas will show signs of wear and should always be addressed.

#3 ·
Oh im not doing it, its getting a full rebuild. What better about the Vette servo over the Sonnax one? I have a Sonnax servo in my T Type and it works great.

#6 ·
Yes that's true

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.