Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Got a new to me SS Sedan that should hurt some Hellcat's feelings

7K views 62 replies 32 participants last post by  TmanSC07TBSS 
#1 ·
Flew from OKC to Tallahassee, FL to pick up my new ride. It's a 2015 SS Silver Ice Metallic. Car was built by Livernois Motorsports in Detroit. They installed their stage 2 cam and Whipple 2.9l blower. Other than upgraded valvetrain it's a completely stock ls3. Trans is also stock. Car made 639whp. Wheels are Konig Oversteer 20x9 up front and 20x9.5 out back with Perelli rubber. The tires are fairly loud but they ride great and have great grip. Picked it up yesterday and drove down to Panama City Beach for an early anniversary with my wife. I am in love with this car. It sounds perfect and runs great. On our way down to PCB the wife spotted a state park that she thought would be a nice little photo op. The owner told me to be prepared for a crowd every time I fueled up and he wasn't lying, lol. Didn't even make it out of town before I had a crowd.
I have a few things I want to do to it when I get it back home. Not a huge fan of the Holden track stripes but they aren't as bad in person. Still debating on if I want to keep it Holden or put all the Chevy badging back on. Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#34 ·
That would be a blast bud! I'd love to see if my car could hang with your V. Your car is a bad bitch! If you're ever in the area hit me up. I'd buy the beers.....after we run em, lol.

#35 ·
Nice car chad. I'm not to sure about the title of your post. My hellcat bone stock with 500 miles made 625 to the wheels. Have you gone up against a hellcat yet? If not you might be surprised.

Again nice car. I hope you enjoy it. :cheers1:

Reactions: SSooner
#37 ·
If i bought a hellcat...i'd feel all-powerful. If a chevy SS pulled up next to me...i'd expect to blow its doors off. Then i find out it makes more hp and walks me...id be like damn, i got the most powerful muscle car i could and still got beat [emoji19]

The hellcat has been tested by every magazine out there and 1000 youtube channels too. Everyone knows what it is and what it can do. Whats surprising is a chevySS with that much power...or better yet, a TBSS with that much power!

I do love the hellcats tho! They are sexy AF

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

#41 ·
This only tells me how much you don't know about a hellcat. All stock hellcats must be on friendly dynos then. They all make 620 - 640 right off the showroom floor. You should read up on this and you will then understand Dodge under rated the power at 707.

If i bought a hellcat...i'd feel all-powerful. If a chevy SS pulled up next to me...i'd expect to blow its doors off. Then i find out it makes more hp and walks me...id be like damn, i got the most powerful muscle car i could and still got beat [emoji19]

The hellcat has been tested by every magazine out there and 1000 youtube channels too. Everyone knows what it is and what it can do. Whats surprising is a chevySS with that much power...or better yet, a TBSS with that much power!

I do love the hellcats tho! They are sexy AF

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Let's see your talking about a factory stock car (hellcat) that might get beat by a car (SS) thats had a bunch of performance mods done to it??? :doh: I have 3 TBSS. 2 that make over 800 to the wheels. So I know all about surprising other cars.

I respect u but shit if ur not always bragging. You sound so much like Kyle sometimes. The hellpussy is heavier and your saying u dyno a few hp over his? Also he didn't say he would beat the shit out of them or even win. He said he would hurt feelings. I guess u can comment about all the nice shit u have as a comeback like u normally do
Hurt feelings means you were ahead of the car your were trying to race. Also I don't see where I was bragging about anything. I simply stated that Chad had a nice car and he might be surprised if he went up against a hellcat. Not really sure how you get I was bragging. Now if I listed all the mods I have done to mine and how much faster my hellcat is than Chads car then yes I would say I was bragging. :dunno: I don't think I mentioned anything like this in my post.

#40 ·

#44 ·
Damn Chad nice job stirring up some shit! How dare you mention a Hellcat in the same sentence as your piddly little SS!

Sweet ride.

#45 ·
If I could change the title of my thread I would. I'd change it to "Here's my piece of shit, Heckcats are obviously superior". If a mod could change it, it would be much appreciated.

#49 ·
Only things missing from this thread are some CF, a DVD, and a King.

#50 ·
WoW! That is a nice ride! I have a 15 Black one fairly stock and while it may look similar to a Malibu or Impala, it is nothing like um! I agree that I would leave the Holden emblems on in so people would wonder what it is. Many have asked me what mine is and they really don't understand when you tell them. Enjoy it! I know it runs good because it has the horsepower of my TBSS and weighs a good bit less so it should haul ass.

#54 ·
Last person who tried that deal got Banish'd.

#55 · (Edited)
I wanted to update this thread with what I’ve done to the car since purchasing it. It’s been mostly appearance mods to start. I pulled off the Holden track stripes off the side. Left the hood and deck lid stripes but I just wasn’t digging the side stripes. I finished the Holden conversion with the Holden airbag straight from OZ. They’re hard to get, since customs frowns on shipping explosives for whatever reason. I did get it tuned by Tim Haines since the Livernois tune was total garbage and it was tuned for 93 octane and all we get in Oklahoma is 91. He is seriously good at what he does. I can’t recommend him enough. If you need a tuner give him a shot at your business, he will take care of you. Since he was tuning it I installed an LS7 MAF as well. He also brought a bad bitch with him on a trailer. Had an LSA and a bunch of other stuff done to it. Thing was nasty! Next I upgraded the brakes to the CTSV 6 Piston calipers up front and I powdercoated all 4 in Camaro Hyper Blue Metallic and had the “Chevrolet Brembo” decals installed and cleared over. I think it turned out great. Did Stoptech Sport pads and blue braided lines from TechiFit. They do them in any color imaginable and they’re Teflon coated. The factory Ferrodo pads dusted like mad and squeaked terribly. I’m really happy with the Stoptech’s. They have great bite, are super quiet, and dust has been cut down at least 75%. The factory brakes are phenomenal on these cars as-is but it’ll put you through the windshield now. Tried a few different wheel setups but always came back to the wheels that came on the car. They’re Konig Oversteer’s. They were a little beat up and only painted so I pulled the tires and am having them powder coated in Ink Black with Clear Vision top coat. And I hated black wheels....... Once they’re done I have new rubber ready to go on. I’m trying Firestone Firehawk Indy 500’s in 255/35/20 and 295/30/20. They have great reviews and you can’t beat the price for a performance tire. Next round of mods will be go-fast!! Doing ID1050x injectors, Glanzer Performance E85 sensor kit, DSX Auxiliary fuel pump kit, smaller pulley, and a tune from Tim Haines. I want to get this thing deep into the 10’s this summer and hoping for around 750whp with Corn. I have a feeling Tim can squeeze a little more out of it. I also found out the kid who bought my truck got it stolen like 2-3 weeks after he bought it. I miss it and knowing it’s in pieces makes me sick!! I fucking hate thieves!

#56 ·
Was thinking you forgot about us... very tasteful upgrades, like it better w/o the stripes.. what power did she put down? Whats the size difference on the SS to V brakes? Keep us posted we need more LSA love..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

#57 ·
I actually frequent this forum still almost as much as I always have I just don’t as much. This is my favorite forum. The SS Forum sucks. This is home, lol. It hasn’t been on the dyno since Livernois and it put down 640whp. Tim street tuned it for 91 and we added the LS7 Maf. It runs way better but I’m sure it lost some power. But what I sacrificed in power I gained back ten fold in driveabilty. I absolutely love the car after he worked his magic. It’s probably around the 600whp mark as it sits. The stock brakes are 4 Piston all around. Mine actually has a Whipple but the white car pictured is running an LSA and it runs mid-high 10’s. It’s a bad ride for sure. Tim was doing some tuning at the track on it the weekend he tuned mine and brought it along. I’m hoping to have the next round of mods done in a couple months then it’s off to the track to see if I can hit my goal.

#60 ·
Meant to say I do love yours especially with 600 rwhp. Also thinking about putting the Holden Emblem and grill in mine just to make people ask me what is that?

#61 ·
Thanks bud! When I bought it, I had every intention of putting the bow ties back on. But the longer I lived with the Holden badges the more they grew on me. Then once I got the airbag there was no turning back lol!

Reactions: 1 Fast TB
#63 ·
Yeah I have about decided to put the Holden Badges on mine. They are available now thru GM and even the Holden grill. I like chrome but the factory Chevy SS has too much chrome all over it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.