Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

HVAC Mode Door Actuator?

49K views 95 replies 39 participants last post by  Friscosoldier 
#1 ·
Before I broke the motor, I noticed that no matter what I did to the controls, the HVAC system was stuck moving air from the defroster and lower heater vents. The dealer diaged it as the mode door actuator, anyone have info on how to get to it in the center console and replace it? Any need for a Tech II to do any reprogramming, or is it a simple swap?

#65 · (Edited)
What exactly do you need?

#67 ·
Any pics of what/where the actuator door and hinge mechanism is? I think my mode actuator is the cause of the creaking sound I hear every now and then.

#68 ·
#69 ·
Thanks for posting that. That really helps me see what everything looks like.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2

#70 · (Edited)
Bump.

I need to get this done. Which one do i need for a Auto HVAC system?

With all the searching that I've done, it hasn't been made clear.
I've seen #89018675 and #89018676 mentioned so far. Can anyone with the Auto HVAC system chime in on which you used?

Thanks

Also, I see there are some schematics mentioned a few years ago in this thread. Please pass them on if they are still around! brett.chrest@gmail.com

#71 ·
According to Rockauto.com:
- #89018675 is the Mode door actuator
- #89018676 is Driver side temp control
- #89018677 is Passenger side temp control

#74 ·
No problem. I buy pretty much everything from Amazon. Can't beat 2 day prime shipping!

#76 ·
My 06 SS selector valve, the one on the right, for air discharge position will not function in the first two positions. Other positions work fine. The selector will not allow air to come out of the dash/face vents.
So it's probably the actuator and not the control panel? Thanks.

#78 ·
Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I was just quoted $700 friggin dollars! I can't pay that. I won't pay it! Can anyone help please. When I turn on the air it comes out cold like it should on the drivers side upper vents, but heat comes out on the passenger side upper vents and I mean super hot! Someone please help

#88 ·
When I change the mode from face to floor the air stops blowing on the face, but barely comes out of the floor vents. Just a tiny it of air. This wouldn’t be the mode actuator, would it?
Not sure if it’s relevant, but the rear floor vents blow at full force though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#89 ·
The rear air has separate actuators independent to the front.
Sounds like your mode actuator is not switching fully to floor in the front.